1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Caldwell County Post 29

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by steelballs, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carolina Man

Carolina Man Caldwell County Post 29

GREAT WIN LAST NIGHT IN SHELBY

GREAT WIN IN SHELBY LAST NIGHT JULY 9TH

SCORE

POST 29 .....15

POST 82......5

SHOULD BE A GREAT GAME AT DEAL STADIUM TONIGHT JULY 10TH

ANDREW BERRY PITCHED A GOOD GAME THRU 5.5 INNINGS, THEN BRIAN CHANDLER CAME IN TO CLOSE IT OUT....GOOD JOB

THE BATS CAME ALIVE FOR THE 29ERS WITH 16 HITS......

CAROLINA MAN

2. MOOSE

MOOSE Full Access Member

caldwell 7 shelby 6

caldwell wins series 3-1

3. DownSouth

DownSouth Full Access Member

Time to get on the ole soapbox...

First of all, congratulations to the Caldwell Post 29 team. Huge victory last night to eliminate Shelby Post 82 and move on to the Area Semis. I would like to thank the fans. You were in every pitch and I can tell you at MS Deal the energy you guys produce not just picks up players but I honestly think its good for hits and runs too. When teams are as evenly matched as Caldwell and Shelby were, that support is HUGE.

Secondly, very quietly last night coach Gary Hamby won his 300th game as Caldwell Post 29 manager. I would love to put Hamby's numbers up against anyones in the state at this level. The simple fact of the matter is he is a proven winner. Congrats coach... (see I remember little details like wins.. ;) )

Finally, its a shame Shelby and Caldwell had to play this early. I know Shelby wanted big big things this year, and I know Mike and his staff are hurting alot this morning. A little messege to you guys you have an amazing team and as a baseball fan, there is nothing like seeing you guys across the field. Good luck in all you do...and GEEZ Quattlebaum I am just glad either program had baseballs left. You are an amazing batter and you have big things in your future.

4. Carolina Man

Great Series Post 29...

Well said downsouth...Great win for Post 29...Never let up...Never Give up..I was really disappointed in the way Shelby coach Mike Grayson conducted himself at the end of the game at Deal stadium last night. Coach Steve Able for the 29ers tryed to shake Grayson's hand and all Grayson could do was jerk away and had some very unkind words to say to Able. My hats off to Coach Able, he did'nt say a word and just looked at Grayson like a calf looking at a new gate. I really thought Grayson was classer than what I saw last night. Both Shelby and Caldwell players and coaches gathered around home plate for prayer after the game....but without Grayson...Way to lead coach...

Carolina Man

5. LegionIsBest

LegionIsBest Junior Member

This is an amazing run Post 29 is putting together. Something like 14-2 in the last 16 games.

Congratulations to Coach Hamby on the 300th career win in his 10th year. That is amazing.

6. DownSouth

I'd just chalk that one up to Mike Grayson taking a loss pretty hard and acting out his frustrations. I know that doesn't make it right, but it is what it is. I made a mistake once, and it won't happen again.. ;)

You realize Shelby's season has ended the same way the last four years... losses to Post 29. Thats got to weigh on a man pretty hard. I think he might have nightmares for a few weeks about 95MPH fastballs from 6'6 lefties, side arm righties, and snap throws behind runners at first. :banginghe

7. reporter

reporter Full Access Member

I will say this the players for Shelby were a CLASS ACT! Great sportsmanship by all the Shelby players last night after a disappointing loss. They have a very good team and nothing to hang their heads about.

8. MOOSE

MOOSE Full Access Member

anyone have the burke co gaston score?

9. DownSouth

Gaston won 8-1 last night so Game 5 is tonight.

10. Carolina Man

Post 29

I'd say your probably right...post 29 played well and beat a very good Shelby team. Its a shame that Caldwell and Shelby had to meet so early, because Shelby had a team good enought to go deep and maybe win the State Title. Hats off to the 29ers....Good Job...Hats off to Shelby on a great season....... :agreed:

Carolina Man

Last edited: Jul 12, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.