1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Caldwell County Post 29

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by steelballs, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SUMO

SUMO Full Access Member

Well then

If he is a better goat farmer then what would that make the other coaches that he has beaten in the past? Just because yall have choked against his teams dont take it to heart he has beaten other teams to. Just asked a question pal easy with the hate.:imagestor :wtf23:

2. caldwellsportsfan2

caldwellsportsfan2 Junior Member

Caldwell/Gaston in semis

Caldwell Post 29 vs. Gaston in Area semis. Don't know much about the Gaston team, but I am surprised that 2 eastern division teams have made the semifinals. WJRI sports analyst Jeff Link said on one of the game broadcasts earlier in the playoffs he did not expect an eastern team to win the area, I wonder if he changes his mind now? I do tend to agree with Jeff though, I am definitely rooting for a Cherryville/Caldwell area final.

Some of the other people posting here have promoted the websites www.caldwellbaseball.com and www.foothillsradio.com, these are fantastic websites for information about legion baseball. Check them out for the latest playoff updates. (The foothills website also has a bunch of other good information, including local news updates, which helps me to keep updated, I can't always listen to the radio.)

Looking forward to the semifinals, both series should be interesting.

3. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Honestly, I don't know why anyone would be surprised that either Gaston or Pineville is in the Area semifinals,,,,, because either one is very capable of going to the state tournament.

As far as Caldwell is concerned,,,, the earth seems to be rotating the right way and everything is normal in 29erland once again. You guys definitely have Thomasville in your sights.

Good Luck to each of the remaining Area 4 teams...

4. DownSouth

DownSouth Full Access Member

Thanks TJ, 29Nation is a weird place sometimes... :)

I agree with what others have said, I think Gaston and Pineville are loaded with talent. But I think expirence is HUGE when you get to the Legion semis because its huge crowds and all the fans on top of the field and yelling on every pitch. Its pure respect for other teams and pure dislike all at the same time. Its goosebumps on the arms from when the lineups are announced till the last pitch.

I think I will take this oppertunity and say geez it sure doesn't look like Legion baseball is dying any time soon. Some kids care more about playing in front of huge crowds of people chanting their name and being community heroes insted of worrying about who they are playing in front of and if so-and-so knows their name.

I don't know what the next weeks is going to intel with baseball, but its going to be alot of fun. I'd watch.

5. CCSNews

CCSNews Full Access Member

Pineville and Gaston are 2 very different teams. The Braves avg about 135# each soaking wet but are energized and extremely sound fundamentally. Pineville may have more talent on paper and is stronger physically but they are nicked up and sometimes don't show up.

Cherryville and Caldwell have a rich baseball traditions and fan bases that are wild about their teams. Pineville and Cherryville faced off when Mason carried Cherryville to the world series. I'm sure there are siblings on both sides who will be playing this go around and remember how intense things will be. And a good chunk of Pineville squared off vs Caldwell in this past year's Shelby Easter tourney. While Pineville can compete with anyone, objectively, you have to give the edge to either Cherryville or Caldwell. Gaston will compete but won't be able to hold up to the depth of Caldwell and Cherryville will capitalize on their fan base and Pineville's short staff.

6. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Right, on both accounts. We've had our largest crowds in Kannapolis that we've had in 40+ years during the last 2 weeks, even larger than our 2003 & 2004 area championship team years. Bleachers are minimal at Kannapolis but they're adequate, lawn chairs arrive at our stadium on gamedays as early as 2pm-4pm and I mean folks somehow find a way to get inside our stadium to set them up,,,, we are now telling folks to bring a blanket to sit on our hills.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2006
  7. teachem

teachem Junior Member

Who will pitch for Caldwell in Game 1 and 2? I am down from WV and hoping that Bumgarner will pitch game 2 in Caldwell Saturday night..

8. matrix123

matrix123 Full Access Member

Radio

Is there anywhere that you can listen to the Caldwell/Gaston series on the internet?

9. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I wonder if TBR has done anything to help promote Legion baseball. I know a lot of people read what's been posted the last couple of years and the interest on the board has increased dramatically.

I know my interest has increased because I feel I know a lot of people (players, coaches and families) that are connected to the teams.

I'm enormously happy to hear about Kannapolis' increased crowds. That's a great place to play and watch a game.

To borrow an old phrase from MLB baseball....American Legion..."Catch It"

10. DownSouth

DownSouth Full Access Member

When I bought Caldwell Baseball.com it was my intention to have internet radio, but its expensive. If the TBR braintrust has any ideas, I am sure WJRI and Caldwellbaseball.com would be in too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.