1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Caldwell County Post 29

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by steelballs, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

DS said "braintrust"....hahahahaha. Trust there are few brains :D

seriously, maybe there is something we could do in the near future

2. DownSouth

DownSouth Full Access Member

Hey TBR has done tons for legion baseball. PERFECT example, look at the times viewed on any thread regarding Legion baseball.

I can tell you first hand that people involved with Caldwell Post 29 read this hourly and never post. I can tell you coaches all around read and scout and plot and plan off things on TBR. I can also tell you players have gotten noticed because of TBR and isn't that what its all about anyway?

I remember back in the day when it was me and TJ and a few others were carrying a torch for Legion on here and I think I was censored, attacked, etc on a daily basis. Oh those were the days... ;)

The same blood rivalries that fuel parts of Legion baseball are here on TBR too. You don't get fired up, piss and vinegar mad about things said about other forms of baseball on here... why? People put their money into AAU, they put their heart into Legion.

3. Braves

Well said DownSouth...but keep this in mind. The times you were talking about (censored, attacked....) one of my moderators was threatened with death. I won't mention the area it came from, but needless to say, it was something we monitored very closely.

I just believe, as far as TBR is concerned, the posters about American Legion have become better informed and have been better contributors.

And I also believe that you are correct. That you and tj have been the driving force in keeping TBR informed about American Legion on TBR. You guys have finally worn me down :D...seriously, because of you guys, I have become a big fan.

4. DownSouth

To quote the brilliant mind on Mr Ron White... you can't fix stupid.

Understand though, I wasn't taking a jab at TBR right there, I was saying that back in the day, I took a beating on here and now people are understanding what I was trying to say...and thats Legion is pretty awesome if you give it a chance.

NOW to the wars of the weekend. Gaston Braves against Caldwell Post 29 for a shot at the Area IV Championship and an automatic birth to the Tournament in High Point.

People need to throw alot of things out the window here. Caldwell is a six seed. Everyone knows thats crap. Gaston has had some problems in the first couple rounds in the tournament, and thats crap too because they had ONE loss during the regular season and you don't sweep teams like Cherryville and Pineville by accident. I'd like to think Caldwell has an edge with the pitching staff, but I've seen Gaston twice and they hit it will put pressure on infielders.

Heres to a great series and alot of fun playing some Legion Baseball...

Last edited: Jul 13, 2006
  5. AUSTIN POWERS

AUSTIN POWERS Full Access Member

Whos coaching Gaston ,Kermit Smith?

6. luigiboy

luigiboy Full Access Member

Stirring the pot

I know seeds really mean very little but I was just wondering something. For the people that think Caldwell being a 6 six seed "is crap," what do you think would have the appropriate seed for a team that wouldn't even have qualified for a bowl game if they were a college football team.

After this, I'll try to find something else to nit-pick about. Everybody knows talking trash is part of the fun of baseball.

7. DownSouth

Caldwell finished the regular season with a 10-8 record that finished tied for 4TH! So they would have qualified for a bowl game and we bring fans and our strength of schedule would have gotten us in a bowl. :satana: WE ARE TIRE BOWL BOUND!!!

And shouldn't Cherryville be kissin our butts a little here. Didn't we knock Shelby out of first place so you could get your cushy little #1 seed there.

8. Carolina Man

Carolina Man Caldwell County Post 29

LMAO...its getting....PLAYOFF TIME...Caldwell and Cherryville on a collision course...it don't get any better than this...it just don't

Carolina Man :d:

9. luigiboy

luigiboy Full Access Member

Kissing your butt?

Kissin your butts? I doubt that. I didn't know one game the almighty Caldwell County won could decide the whole season. Maybe it was the 5 games at the beginning of the season that CC didn't show up for that won the regular season for Cherryville. I guess Post 100's 23 wins have nothing to do with it.

10. Braves

I think most people will agree that the beginning of the season many of the Caldwell players were participating in the HS playoffs and taking a much needed rest before getting started. There record is not really surprising nor the fact that they are hitting all their cylinders at the right time.

It really doesn't matter where they are seeded, they are one of the best teams in the state.

But I wouldn't get too caught up in the Caldwell vs Cherryville series. Gaston not only has good players, but they have great, great coaching. To be led by two of the most respected young college coaches in the nation is not something to be taken lightly. Plus, it ain't going to be a piece of cake for Cherryville against Pineville. Although Pineville is not at full strength, these guys are experienced and battle tested....and talented.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.