1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Caldwell County Post 29

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by steelballs, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Okay guys...I can feel the trashtalkin' coming. All that I ask is to keep it in this thread..no personal attacks on posters or players and no cussin'

Have fun!!!!!

2. Carolina Man

Carolina Man Caldwell County Post 29

29ers

you are exactly right....didn't mean to overlook anybody...just the thought of a possible caldwell-cherryville series gives me cold chills. 29ers have been knocking on the door the past two years with back to back area IV titles. 2006 could be their year. 29ers won their first state title 20 years ago. I believe...... :trophy:

carolina man

Last edited: Jul 13, 2006
  3. tj21

tj21 Moderator

I don't know about carrying a torch,,,, but I clearly remember the days when I felt like DownSouth and myself were in the foxhole alone fighting off the badguys...

Sure is nice to finally get some reinforcements... :satana:

Obviously TBR is the main reason for the growing discussion of legion baseball around North Carolina,,, I hear people mention TBR everywhere, and we're getting more and more eastern NCer's on the board also. TBR stresses postive "BASEBALL TALK" and discourages the trashtalk,,,,,,,, I have no problem with that. Of course we've had teams during the past 6 years where I could've gotten on here and talked trash and honestly there were probably times when I did, but I tried to keep it down. All in all I've actually learned a lot about other teams and players, and at the same time met some good people from TALKING BASEBALL on TBR over the years.

4. Braves

I know a lot of the guys on Pineville so my heart lies there, but I'm pulling for Caldwell...good luck you guys. At least until you meet Kannapolis :D...not sure where my loyalties will lie then...but my loyalties have proven that they can be bought :satana:

5. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Braves,,,,, I know how to sway you over to us,,,,, I have 2 hotdogs, a cold beverage, and big ole plate of homemade nanner puddin waiting on you over on our side...:bananalam

6. luigiboy

luigiboy Full Access Member

Have a sense of humor

I know there's no crying in baseball, but let's not take the fun out of it too. If you have to explain the punch line of a joke, it kind of makes it not as funny. I'm sure everybody on here takes the trashtalk with a grain of salt.

7. tj21

tj21 Moderator

luigiboy,,,, whatever you mean by that, thats fine, to each his own. You do it your way, and I'll do it mine.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2006
  8. Braves

You know tj, I think it was when we found out that there was a place for both Showcase and Legion ball and they both could co-exist that the support "took off" for legion ball on TBR...and you were the primary fence mender in seeing the credibility of both sources as a good opportunity for the players.

TBR has allowed me to see the big picture of AL ball vs the Charlotte area only...and Charlotte has not been a hotbed for Legion (except for Pineville).

...and the players in Charlotte will never experience the support that the communities like K-Town, Caldwell, Shelby and Cherryville receive, as well as other areas.

After reading the many posts on here from those areas mentioned, one can't help to become interested in the Legion games. But, selfishly, I love that the interest on TBR of AL has become a staple.

9. Braves

Go K-Town!!!!!!!:229031_ha

10. Carolina Man

Carolina Man Caldwell County Post 29

you got to remember ...He's from Cherryville...Bobby Dale is his daddy

carolina man :satana:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.