1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Caldwell County Post 29

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by steelballs, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UABBLAZERBALLA

UABBLAZERBALLA Full Access Member

I was in Lenoir today doing some work and had on the radio. Caldwell lost game 1 in a tournament in Chapel Hill to Durham 12-5 and they lost the second one to Car Lake 4-2.

Jeff on the radio was talking about www.foothillsradiogroup.com. I checked it out and it had legion stuff and some good pictures of today's games.

Also, it was sad to read on there about the two South kids who were killed...thoughts and prayers to those families involved.

2. MOOSE

MOOSE Full Access Member

did caldwell play sunday?

3. Carolina Man

Carolina Man Caldwell County Post 29

post 29

yes they were suppose to play at 10:30 Sunday, but haven't heard about a win or loss....we need a win badly...its starting to look serious...

carolina man

PS: Thoughts and prayers to the two South Caldwell families and the Spartan family who lost two sixteen year old students this weekend in a auto accident. My heart goes out to you...

Last edited: Jun 11, 2006
  4. DownSouth

DownSouth Full Access Member

I could not agree more with the thoughts of Carolina Man to the familes and their losses. I am God loving and I know God has a plan for everyone and sometimes is amazingly hard to understand. Everyone remember the good times with these young people and keep that in your heart.

Baseball has taken a backseat to life in this area over the last few days, with the tragic car accident Saturday morning and even the accident with Josh Shehan at Rowan Co last week. I did not travel to Chapel Hill this weekend, but I will tell you Caldwell Co did not play due to rain on Sunday. I also know they lost to Durham and I think Kerr Lake was the name of the other team.

On a better note, I did see Josh Shehan Sunday night and he said hes feeling better. He said his only nagging pain was a headache (if he wasn't having a headahce after getting hit in the head with a bat, I would worry). I consider that a small miracle because that was a scarry situation. Maybe thats something to build on with a very emotional week upcomming....

5. caldwellsportsfan

caldwellsportsfan Junior Member

Be patient with Post 29

The record isn't good right now, but Caldwell County will come around, give the South Caldwell guys to mesh with the other players.

Also deepest sympathies the the family and loved ones of the victims of Saturday mornings car accident.

I also checked out that website www.foothillsradio.com and they do update the legion pretty frequently, plus they have local news as well. It's a good place to go for information.

6. Carolina Man

post 29

a bright light is shinning on the 29ers tonight...its the 8th inning and they are beating Lake Norman 8-0. THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN....More Later

Carolina Man :satana:

7. Carolina Man

post 29

Final score.............6/12/2006

Caldwell County .....9

Lake Norman .........0

We are starting to make the climb back up the mountain

Carolina Man

8. DownSouth

DownSouth Full Access Member

Another win for Post 29 tonight... beating Taylorsville 9-2. Jimmy Messer got the win and Zach Merrikan finished up the game. That moves Caldwell to 3-5 in conference..

9. patsfansince85

patsfansince85 Yes, really!

DownSouth....

I was looking ahead at the schedule and saw a game on Monday against West Virginia. Who is this West Virginia team, and where in Hickory are they playing?

10. caldwellsportsfan

caldwellsportsfan Junior Member

WHERE'S JEFF?

Have been listening to Post 29 broadcasts, they're playing well now! Noticed Jeff Link has not been on past couple of nights, where is he? Jeff Crisp and Bill have done a good job though.

Go out and support Caldwell tonight against Cherryville, see if they can make it three in a row!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.