1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Caldwell County Post 29

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by steelballs, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DownSouth

DownSouth Full Access Member

Link is the new AD at East Burke HS and I think he is taking some classes this summer too. I talked to him on the phone yesterday. He was goofy as ever.. :)

I gonna miss ole Link next year. I guess this summer is his swan song with WJRI and thats a shame... he has a ton of charisma on the radio and hes one of those guys that never seems to be in a bad mood, ever...

If Crisp isn't coaching this time next year, he better be gettin ready for the fun and excitement of WJRI radio.....

2. sbmom

sbmom Banned From TBR

3. MOOSE

MOOSE Full Access Member

cherryville 5
    caldwell 4

close game all the way, both teams played a good game. very few errors if any.

still looking for a caldwell roster. with all the players here one night and not the next it would be nice to at least know who is on the roster. anouncers mentioned madison having obligations for his career to fulfill. what is he doing in the middle of the week when he doesnt play? Is brad hardee playing this year? very unusual with a program like caldwells to have so many unknowns this far into the season.

4. Red Bear

Red Bear Full Access Member

Beach Trip!!!!!!!:woohoo:

5. Airman

Airman Full Access Member

Players

I know Madison is supposed to be back Sunday and Brad Hardee, Josh Severt, Colt Seter, Kolt Hilton Saturday. I know the state championship ran into a lot of the season and then these kids had their baccalaureate, graduation and senior trip planned (and you only get one in your life but Josh is a junior) so it looks worse than it is. Now I know Madison and Shane Clawson will leave for the state games and I think Madison will go to the beach that same week. It is hard though when some of your better hitters are missing for so long. I don't think they will have the "whole" team until the very last week of the regular season. Remember they made it to the state championship and that is the reason for the 29er record.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2006
  6. Carolina Man

Carolina Man Caldwell County Post 29

post 29

where has the dedication to the program gone? This is bad...you can go to the dang beach anytime.

Results...Lose to Bobby Dell twice......bad...Maybe we need to start shooting marbles where we don't need a whole TEAM.

carolina man

Last edited: Jun 16, 2006
  7. MOOSE

MOOSE Full Access Member

I have been a very close follower of caldwell baseball since 85. What made the caldwell program special and different from other programs has been the dedication of the players over the years. They didnt do what others did and their successful results speaks for its self. Everyone understands the deal with the state championship run and has no problems with the record that resulted from it. The bottom line to me is if you dont have anything else you want to do then I will go play baseball for this great caldwell program. Maybe as i have read over and over on this board legion ball as we knew it is over. Other programs im sure have already experienced this. I think if the fans continue to go to the games and the "team" is not there it wont be long till the fans are not going to be there. What is going on now is not the same as it has been in the past. Even if we win a state championship this year I still do not like what is happening. These guys maybe doing what is right for them as an individual but they are killing what is special about cladwell county legion baseball. Maybe it is not important to them but it is to me. Hey just my opinion. To the guys that are showing up to play as a longtime fan I appreciate your efforts THANKS!!

8. Airman

Airman Full Access Member

I agree. I appreciate the guys that have stuck it out, win or lose. Maybe these others will have to earn their way no matter what. Show their dedication. I think their will be a good team for the play-offs though because they are competitive players as a team and they like each other, even the ones that are missing now. I look forward to it each year!!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2006
  9. Carolina Man

I know what the hell I'm talking about, its just a difference of opinion. My son has played since he was 4 years old and for the last 16 years he sacrificed his beach trip for the team each year because of his love for the game. He missed going to the beach and he hated that, but he just told me if he had it to do over, he would make the same choice. Its fine if you want to go the beach for graduation, just make a choice baseball and team or the beach. Some ball players have deeper roots for the game than others. There is nothing wrong with either...just choose.

Carolina Man

10. Carolina Man

Thanks for that Moose...well said. When these younger kids see the older ones making the sacrifice, it makes a difference. They pull together as a team. Some going some staying pulls a team apart. I've seen it happen.

Carolina Man

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.