1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Caldwell County Post 29

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by Carolina Man, Jun 16, 2007.

1. TBA

TBA Full Access Member

Not sure...

I did not know that it was an exception to the major league rules that govern legion play, but when asking one of the umpires about it last night, he said that the rule was an american legion exception. Not sure if Caldwell coaches knew about it, it did not appear that Jimmy did, however it was obvious that Bobby Dale did.

2. MOOSE

MOOSE Full Access Member

hats off to cherryville they outplayed caldwell tonite . not enough clutch hits and shoddy infield play did us in. i thought an excellent pitched game by severt went to waste.

3. Carolina Man

Carolina Man Caldwell County Post 29

Caldwell vs Cherryville

Tuesday August 1 2007

Game 3

Caldwell.....2
    Cherryville.....4

Watts .....WP
    Severt.....LP, 7-1

Hits

Caldwell.....8
    Cherryville.....6

Errors

Caldwell.....4 :banghead:
    Cherryville.....1

Leading Hitters

Chavis.....2-4, 2 RBIs
    Severt.....1-4, BB, 2 Rs

Cherryville

Finger.....3-5, RBI
    Houser.....1-3, 2 BB, 2 Rs

To Many Errors To Win At This Level

Severt Pitched A Great Game

Carolina Man :banghead:

4. Carolina Man

Moose hit the nail on the head with that statement

Carolina Man

5. SUMO

SUMO Full Access Member

Yes

you are correct there pal.... One observation hare that jumps out to me is that Cherryville has won the close games..... hmmm would that be from better coaching or what? Anyone looks like a excellent coach in a 15-0 shut out but really what great moves were made by the coach in that one?

I think alot of yalls hate is directed at BD is really the little green eyed monster:28: called jealousy because yall aint got him.... so in closing welcome back to Cherryville tonight, be carefull coming down the hill, enjoy the food and atmosphere, and oh yeah :189: :boxing_smiley: :byebw: :gunsmilie:

ONCE AGAIN THE OL GOAT FARMER TAKES YOU DOWN
    TONIGHT IT ENDS!!!!

6. Carolina Man

The natives were actually calm last night, really didn't feel like a Caldwell - Cherryville match-up, not like years past, close game, errors sunk Caldwell, plain and simple

Carolina Man

7. reporter

reporter Full Access Member

8. HenryHill

HenryHill Junior Member

/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me. Caldwell and Cherryville win every year because of talent. Neither team has much in the way of coaching. Bobby usually runs his teams out of a big inning by not knowing when to go and when to stay. He also overcoaches way to much.
    As for Caldwell if they new how to use their talent they would be twice the team they are. I don't think they even know what a squeeze or safety squeeze is. Just jump up their with they winning or tying run on third late in a low scoring game and go to swinging; Oh yea and strike out!!! Done it all year why change now[/quote]

Oh boy! I'm sorry but I just can't let this hang up here like that. So I took the time to register just to tell you how idiotic of statement that was. Do all the things he's accomplished at ER & Post 100 need to be spelled out for you. I challenge you to name any other coach at this level from the state of NC in their early 40s as decorated as BDR. I'll take his aggressive style of play and the banners that go with it any day. And what the h*** is overcoaching. Ask any of his former or current players what they think of his coaching style and listen to their responses. Yeah he's had some talent, but he sure knows what to do with it. And FTR, I think Hamby is an exceptional coach as well.

9. luigiboy

luigiboy Full Access Member

What the...

That might just top some of Carolina Man's comments. And I'm not just saying that from a C'ville fan's perspective.

10. MOOSE

MOOSE Full Access Member

congrats to cherryville, we have lost close games all year with errors and errors and more errors killed us this time. cherryville is going to run into some teams in the tourney that dont make errors like caldwell did. good luck to both caldwell and cherryville in the tourney. bring it back to area 4!

i know we all sound like a bunch of 7th graders but baseball brings out the kid in us enjoyed the series except for the errors

take it easy on the goat stuff goats are cool.