1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Caldwell Legion

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by FROZEN ROPES, Sep 27, 2005.

1. reporter

reporter Full Access Member

Let me start out by saying I hope Hamby returns next year. He seems to really care about the program and the kidds. With that said he needs to get some help in the coaching staff especially in the pitching dept. In a couple of the key games late in the season and playoffs pitchers were left in a game when it was very very obvious that they didn't have their good stuff or had lost it. They really need a knowledgeable pitching coach to be able to recognize when a pitching change is needed which is something I don't think Coach Hamby or his staff this year could do. In Hamby's defense he is the manager not the pitching coach so go out, get a good assistant for this job and let's win another state title or two over the next few years. Lord knows the talent is coming for a while

2. DownSouth

DownSouth Full Access Member

Serious Situation

I have worked with Gary Hamby for five plus years and I have a personal request to table this thread and conversation for some time.

He was hospitalized late Friday night with some serious internal problems. Like I said, he is a personal friend and although he lives a very open life every summer, he lives a private personal life. This has nothing to do with the first of the thread. It was very sudden.

I request at this time everyone keep him in your thoughts and prayers and we put a halt to the thread for a bit.

3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

:agreed:

4. NW4AWATCHER

NW4AWATCHER Full Access Member

Coach Hamby

Thoughts and prayers are with Coach Hamby and his family. Get Well!!

5. TBA

TBA Full Access Member

Update?

Does anyone have an update on Coach Hamby?

6. DownSouth

DownSouth Full Access Member

I don't really want to go into tons of detail. There is good news. He is out of Intensive Care. He will have to be in the hospital for a while longer. He hasn't had food or drink since Friday so he is weak.

Again I ask that everyone in the baseball community keep him in your thoughts and prayers. I know this offseason is going to be a bit strange for me personally. Theres been many days he and I have sat and read threads on here. I know though he would love the fact there are many people, fans and enemies alike, that are concerned for him.

7. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I have never met Coach Hamby, but I have admired his coaching abilities from afar. I am sending great thoughts and prayers to Coach and his family and hope he gets back on his feet quickly. Baseball needs him!!!

:angel:

I have learned over the past few years that TBR has provided the supporters of Caldwell baseball a place to vent when there is no place else for them to do so...and we at TBR have been more tolerant of the rants from Caldwell because of their situation, But we can all agree on one thing. The game of life is so much more important than the game of baseball . We are all pulling for you Coach...and hope to meet you soon!