1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Caldwell vs Morehead City: Championship Game

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I don't think so. I was already alarmed that the guy registered under two different names.

I may tolerate an experienced member to sometimes forget what the rules are (they were posted all summer), but I have little tolerance of someone who is new. And I would expect that someone that has been a coach of young players to know better then to slam others on the internet. We all have things that we don't like about a certain player or team, but keep that to yourself. It serves no purpose in the "promoting of players" that TBR was founded on.

It's a cliche, but it's true. If you don't have anything good to say about a player, then don't say anything.

Then, someone wants to take a swipe at me? Nope, I have worked too hard to allow that. I treat everybody with respect, until they prove otherwise.

2. LegionPost46

LegionPost46 Full Access Member

Thank you for your kind words about our kids. They absolutely played their behinds off. Our guys played on nothing but fumes, guts, and faith in that second game. I think our dugout in game one had about 4 inches of shade under the bench.

One kid passed out from the heat, got tended to by the emergency folks (who did a great job all week by the way) then got better and wanted the ball in game two.

It still hasn't sunk in that we actually won the state championship after losing our first game.

I was on the field for both games and can tell you that I never heard the first curse word of any kind from one of the caldwell PLAYERS. My hats off to them on a fine season.

All I ask is when they make the movie about this team, get Danny Devito to play me!

3. Carolina Man

Carolina Man Caldwell County Post 29

post 29 fan....game over

Congradulation's to Morehead city on a great victory and state title...my hat is off to you ...wish you all the best in FL

carolina man

Last edited: Aug 3, 2006
  4. Carolina Man

Carolina Man Caldwell County Post 29

Braves.....you are my hero, I could not have said it better....Caldwell County does have very proud people and they are good people. The game of baseball is pure and some people just love to grab it and hold on to something that gives them a lot of enjoyment and to be close to these fine young men who play the game....thank you

Carolina Man

5. BullpenBilly

BullpenBilly Junior Member

As everyone has said (at least most of them), this was a great tournament which will create a lot of memories for these players and coaches. I don' think I have ever seen so many teams come together in one tournament that were just about equal in most phases of the game. It's a good thing I didn't have any money riding on that final championship series cause I really thought Caldwell County had the advantage with their pitching. In spite of any negative threads which have been posted, the top two teams were probably left standing....from there on out, it was all heart and guts with a little luck thrown in! Great job to all and we will do it all again next year!:woot:

6. NPC Fanatic

NPC Fanatic LakeNormanFan-lost pword

I wasn't sitting close enough to the Caldwell County folks last Sunday night to hear what was being said but I can say that thier enthusiasm magnified the intensity of that game with the results being pressure-packed playoff baseball at it's best. :twocents: :woohoo:I'll never forget it.

Good luck to all the teams and players involved in the tourney and congrats again to the Morehead City 'Canes.:229031_ha

Last edited: Aug 2, 2006
  7. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

i looked for you at the game. your boy did good considering the tight spot he was placed in. but he's been in big games before. one of these days he'll kick that door in and all this tough experience be part of his foundation as a man. take care.