1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Cameron Maybin and Andrew Miller traded

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Hatfield made rain, Dec 4, 2007.

1. mm77

mm77 Junior Member

Braves

You are correct that the Yankees do make trades that don't make sense. This would be another one. A-rod may very well play first base at some point in his career but it will be long after Cabrera is playing first. A-rod is a far superior third baseman than Cabrera. Cabrera was an allstar as an outfielder but it wasn't because of his defense. He is too big and slow to be a good outfielder or third baseman. He is a great hitter and a below average defender at any position. Unless he gets serious about his conditioning he will soon be a DH. As far as Miller, He will probably not have a good w/l record. I believe he will have a much lower era that Willis. I believe he is a better pitcher than Willis is now.

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I agree Cabrera can be another Andruw Jones and let his weight balloon, but for now he is taking it seriously and has lost 25 lbs. I can't really speak about his defense in the OF, but I don't recall it being "Manny Ramirez" like, but he does have an incredible arm.

As far as Willis vs Miller, I guess we will have to wait and see. Andrew has incredible talent and I would love to see him become a dominant pitcher in the ML, but until he does, I will reserve judgement.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  3. Stretchlon

Stretchlon Stars

Orioles can't fly

The Orioles just traded Miquel Tejada to the Astros for 5 minor leaguers. Has any team fallen by the wayside faster or worse than the Birds?

4. bbrksfan

bbrksfan Full Access Member

Have you ever heard of "idontwannawin" disease?
    It seems to be catching on in many of the major markets.

Small market teams are experts at spreading this dreaded disease.

I cant hardly wait to turn on a Braves game this spring and see all 200 fans at a Marlins game- Not Cheering. I think i'd rather paint my barn, just to watch the paint dry.

5. Hatfield made rain

Hatfield made rain Full Access Member

the Marlins have won twice as many World Series as the Braves in the past 15 years using this "idontwannawin" disease.

6. bbrksfan

bbrksfan Full Access Member

Excellent example: What happened after they won the World Series?: They traded off almost all their talent. Both times!

7. Hatfield made rain

Hatfield made rain Full Access Member

yep!! seems to work out pretty good for them every 6 or 7 years.If they had a fanbase that would show up and a "Baseball" stadium, maybe they could afford to keep some of that talent.Obviously they have a strong minor league system and scouting department.

8. Braves

I agree, but if your payroll only allows you to spend $8 million for the whole team, then perhaps they should not be in business there. I understand about the new stadium, but that won't be their cure-all. Some places are not good for ML baseball. I happen to believe any parts of Florida is one of them.

Whichever Pro sports team gets to Las Vegas first will own that town.

9. mm77

mm77 Junior Member

They choose to not pay their WHOLE team but 7 or 8 million dollars. Are you aware that they reveived 30 Million in revenue sharing from other teams last year? The owner pockets 22 to 23 million per year. They need new owner, but why would he sell? He is sitting on a cash cow.

10. Braves

I have no idea what their operating expenses are. To be honest, the only reason I care at all about the Marlins is because Cameron and Andrew now play for them

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007