1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Campbell U. baseball coach resigns

Discussion in 'The Next Level' started by EastOfRaleigh, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

We'll see. He has had two good recruiting years and probably won't gain the fruit from those players for a couple of years. Many of the same players that he has signed were all recruited (exception for The Citadel) by the schools mentioned. 3 years ago, those players wouldn't even glance at the program.

2. rcbbfan

rcbbfan Full Access Member

I just recently found out that WCU isn't fully funded. I don't know how many scholarships they have, but it was stated that they were near the bottom in the SoCon.

3. Prepster

Prepster Full Access Member

Man, talk about having a hand tied behind your back! It's tough enough when the NCAA limits all DI programs to 11.7 scholarships; but, when the athletic budget denies a coach even that...well, let's just say it's an uphill battle.

My hat's off to the entire staff and roster at WCU for doing as well as they do with that limitation.

P.S. Here's hoping "Jr." has a terrific season, RC!

4. rcbbfan

Thanks Prepster.......this is likely to be his best year so far, even if he doesn't set foot on the field.

I look forward to watching R lead a talented UNC team back to the CWS this year. Be sure to tell him I wish him the best.

Actually, I was a little shocked to learn that WCU wasn't fully funded. I was always under the impression that if they weren't fully funded then they were very close. It really puts jr's scholarship money in a different light. He's fortunate to be there.

5. basefields

basefields Junior Member

I think Coach Pollard is doing a great job as well. App has one of the best buys as far as tuition. I think they are having a tough time recruiting and competing against the big boys...State, UNC, Clemson...etc...obviously there are more perks in the big boys than maybe at App. I mean, let's be honest, it's freezing up there!

6. Homer3

Homer3 Full Access Member

The Western softball program will be fully funded in year 3. Why would WCU fully fund the softball team and not the baseball team?

7. BaseballMan

BaseballMan Full Access Member

Its called Title Nine

Playing field is totally not level anymore between men's and women' sports. Some schools have even dropped certain men's sports to meet compliance.

8. rcbbfan

That......is a very good question. One I'll be sure and ask this week-end.

9. Camel Dad

Camel Dad Junior Member

Campbell gets a big win at ECU

Campbell defeated ECU today at ECU by the score of 2 to 0. Campbell used six pitchers and held ECU to 5 hits. Campbell also only had 5 hits but one of the hits was a homerun by sophomore Ryan Hamme. Freshman Shortstop Rob Lyerly from Piedmont went 2 for 4 and scored the first run of the game. Ryan Tousley went 2 for 4 for ECU.

This is a great lift for a very young Campbell team who had their head coach resign in January. Head Coach Chris Wiley and Pitching Coach Brad Schrock have done a great job leading this team through a difficult early season. Campbell started freshmen at shortstop, second and catcher. They had sophomores at third and first. This is a team that is going to get a lot better this year as their young players gain experience.