1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Cap 7 baseball

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by ncballstars, Nov 1, 2008.

1. ncballstars

ncballstars Junior Member

Who is the strongest team in the cap 7 this year? Who will the dominate pitchers in the conference be ?

2. strike three

strike three Junior Member

Should be a competitive conference again this year. Not quite like last year though. Standings should play out like this...

1. Sanderson-Just about the same team who went to eastern finals last year. Will be carried by seniors C Max Gagnon, P/1b Charles Wolfe (08 conference pitcher of the year) SS Kyle Wigmore (High Point commit) CF Kyle Wood

2. Broughton-Senior heavy team who should be carried by P Daniel Brown (Liberty commit) CF Jake Kline (Furman commit) SS/P Michael Zeblo

3. Millbrook-Should contend with Sanderson and Broughton at the top. Carried by P Jake Harris (ECU commit) 2B/OF Ryan & Patrick Hanks and C Brian Lincoln

4. Enloe- Senior heavy team. Has improved each year. Carried by P/OF Matt Jurek 3B/P Roland Maurer C Dan Bula and 1B/SS Nick and Christian Cristopolus

5. Wakefield-The conference may seem to fall off a little from here on. Wakefield is a well coached team with great pitching coach. Will be carried by seniors 3B/P Clayton Daniels P Chris Blankenship C Josh Abshire and SS JP Riggleman

6. Leesville- Lost a lot last year. Will be a young team this year. Carried by OF/3B/P Chris Kelly OF Reed Stelton and 2B Braxton Riggsbee

7. Wake Forest-Rolesville- Lost impact player Mac Williamson. Will lack pitching this year. Will be carried by seniors OF Taylor Gleason 1B/P Tyler Buckley SS John Faircloth

3. travisunc

travisunc Full Access Member

I think Sanderson is definately the best team in Cap 7 led by pitcher, Wolfe. Wakefield could sneak up on some people and creep towards the top. Besides the players mentioned, I saw a kid, Tanner Jones, who played on the varsity last year as a sophmore, throw this summer and fall, and he looked pretty good.

From my limited knowledge, I would guess....

1. Sanderson
    2. Millbrook
    3. Wakefield
    4. Broughton
    5. Wake Forest
    6. Enloe
    7. Leesville

4. red raider

red raider Junior Member

Sanderson

Sanderson is far from about the same team returning - not to say that they will not repeat, but Mark Peterson, by far their best player and the heart and soul of that team, Eric Brommer, who had an excellent Senior yr and Elliott Brody, another 2 yr starter are all gone and will not be that easy to replace - it should be a competitve wide open conference with 5 or 6 teams in the mix

5. Capsbaseballlhp

Capsbaseballlhp Full Access Member

Sanderson Broughton

Last year the Caps had the Spartans number sweeping them during the regular season, one win against peterson(08 grad UNCG) and one against Wolfe. Maybe the caps just have the spartans number.

6. strike three

Sanderson

Yes Peterson and Brommer are two key losses...

But with Pitcher of the year Charles Wolfe and all conference players Gagnon Wood and Wigmore this team should be just as good defensively and should be an offensive monster. With Wigmore a 4 year varsity starter and Gagnon Wolfe and Wood 3 year starters who have played deep into playoffs, it should be a team full of experience.

Once again...I believe it will be broughton and sanderson fighting for top spot

7. ncballstars

ncballstars Junior Member

from what I saw last year Broughton does not have a whole lot of hitting power other than Zeblo and Kline returning. I watched Wakefield over the summer and they lost inly a couple games all year in the CCSL. I believe they will battle for the top with Sanderson.

8. Capsbaseballlhp

Capsbaseballlhp Full Access Member

broughton lost a senior combo in the 3 and 4 hole that combined for 12 hr and hit about .400, that is a big loss offensivly but on the defensive aspect the caps will have zeblo back in the field playing ss/3b and once again on the mound. Daniel Brown should be having a strong year on the mound and will be tough to beat. Sanderson offensivly did loose player of the year Mark Peterson but the offense will be as solid as ever. look for pitching depth to be the question that needs to be answer. although they did through an impressive '10 grad last year. not sure of his name.

9. travisunc

travisunc Full Access Member

Was the '10 grad from Sanderson you are refering to Brian Burke?

10. strike three

Yes, Brian Burke is who he is talking about I believe...should be either the #2 or #3 starter this year.