1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Carolina Cardinals are ASA National Champs!

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by rangeroo22, Aug 6, 2006.

1. EnkaMom12

EnkaMom12 Full Access Member

2. Dawgfan

Dawgfan Full Access Member

Duke dog and Guru.
    I am sorry you take exception to my congrats to Ray and his girls. But I stand by my post. By nature of the tournament being the ASA Nationals They are the national champs in ASA. This in no way detracts form other organizations and there outstanding accomplishments in 2006 but it remains that Rays girls are the ASA National Champs for the next 12 months. Again I
    am truely sorry that my post upset anyone.
    Ray

Last edited: Aug 15, 2006
  3. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

No need to apologize Dawgfan, but your comment was they were the best organization in N.C., like said before in past post everyone reads these comments, and everyone can't play for the Cardinals,and there are quality players beyond the Carolina Cardinals..I also congrat Ray and his staff / girls on a job well done..but just like Central Cabarrus was top dog for the past several years in high school so does things change, Butler is top dog in 2006..and so will the saga continue for next year...Winners and losers,life is a revolving door,and there will be a new champion in 2007 most likely....but again congrats to the Carolina Cardinals for representing N.C. very well in 2006...Softball Guru

4. Dukedog4

Dukedog4 Full Access Member

Please don't put words in my mouth

Whoa! I certainly didn't mean to detract from the Cards accomplishments. In fact, if you look at all my posts, you will see they are complimentary. I was just agreeing with the idea that perhaps using the phrase "the best in the nation" is a bit extreme. Ray's team, along with several others in the state, really belong in the Gold tournament. These are where the truly best organizations play and RAY'S TEAM IS ONE OF THOSE. The history of the game (ie California dominated) dictates an ASA geography that makes it difficult for any east coast team that is not heavily bankrolled to play Gold. Over time, this can change and the efforts of the Cards, LBlues and C Challengers in qualifying for "A's" this season is a move in the right direction.

Did anybody watch the ASA Gold final on ESPN yesterday? Michelle Smith commented that "California players were now attending schools in the east thus 'sharing the softball wealth'". The attitude still exist in much of the fastpitch world that game is only played at its highest level west of the rockies.

5. LBlues 1

LBlues 1 Full Access Member

Champs

I agree Cardinals are Champs of ASA A Nationals and are the best 18U team in country this year. They stepped up and played like champions the entire tourney and showed well for NC. Sure wish we had played well and got to be there with them but we did not. Ray and his girls deserve the credit, it is awesome to beat 143 of the best ASA A teams in country, no matter where U are from. Again great effort!:woohoo:

6. softballstar

softballstar Junior Member

GOLD

So why doesn't anyone step up and try to form a true GOLD team? I think there are many quality players that could compete very well at the GOLD level. I know many teams have traveled to Florida for the Rising Stars and beat some so called GOLD teams which is great. So my question is can we start one here in the Carolinas? I think with what the Cardinals accomplished this year at "A" Nationals and what the Lady Blues did in Colorado is a testiment to what we can do here.

7. betterbatter

betterbatter Full Access Member

Move pitching to 43’? Absolutely!

Move HS ball to fall? No way!

Most athletic focus at high schools in the fall is football. There is no way softball or any other sport can compete for attention against football. Playing HS softball in the fall would have the effect of making it more obscure. Softball games would never be played on Fridays (football game night). Nor would it be possible to have quality PRACTICE time on Fridays because of the football distraction. That would leave only four days per week available for games and focused practice.

Also, the season would end in COLD weather. Due to the nature of the game, softball athletes play better in warmer weather with less injury. Conference, regional, and state championships should be played when the weather is conducive to playing the game.

Leaving HS softball a spring sport gives it the best opportunity to attract fans. The game needs this. When one attends high level high school games it quickly becomes obvious that parents are not the only ones coming out to watch.

The only thing moving high school softball to the fall would do is make travel ball purists happier.

:umno:

8. Bmac1

Bmac1 Full Access Member

Updated Info

Here is the most recent information I was given regarding 2006 Cardinals that have signed, committed or considering offers:

Have signed and will enter college this fall semester:

Gina Allen - UNC-Charlotte
    Brythe Blankenship - Furman
    Destiny Covington - Virginia Tech
    Krystal Hawkins - N.C. State
    Stephanie "Sam" Murad - UNC-Chapel Hill
    Anna Roberts - UNC-Chapel Hill
    Ellen Scott - Princeton
    Eryn Teague - Villanova
    Amber Walker - Roanoke College

Mendy McKenzie - Western Carolina (rising sophomore)

Rising seniors (07's) who have verbally committed:
    Whitney Williams - has committed to UNC-Charlotte

Brittany McKinney- has committed to UNC-Chapel Hill

Rising seniors with offers on the table with official visits pending:
    Chasity Covington
    Jenna Eatmon
    Brittany Robinson
    Faith Sutton

Congratulations to all!

9. fence

fence Full Access Member

congratulations to all
    it is so nice to see these ladies heading to d2 and d1 schools
    3 yrs ago nc players were fortunate to get d3 offers
    it shows how far we have come
    maybe not in talent, but in recognition
    and we all need to thank ray and rodney among a few others for that
    their efforts have made it possible for nc ball to be recognized beyond the local level

10. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

True, if you not directly involved in not just one but 50-60 girls at a time trying to get them seen by college coaches, you don't have a clue how much work it takes by one or two individuals like Ray or Rodney doing the leg work for each individual kid to make sure of the kids success toward their college goals.I'm hearing all the time how people like Ray and Rodney along with coaches sacrifices their own families just so that your and my kid may have a chance to play college ball, and all we give them back is grief...skipping from team to team or unhappy because things aren't going the way that you or me believe they should be going on a certain situation.We need to give these individuals including coaches a BIG HUG and thank them for their efforts to help our kids reach their goals...:feedback: