1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Carolina Cardinals are ASA National Champs!

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by rangeroo22, Aug 6, 2006.

1. baseballfanalways

baseballfanalways Full Access Member

GOLD team!!! Where do we sign up and when do we start? I would think any comitted '07 or highly recruited player would jump all over that if they are serious about playing at the next level. I realize the added cost involved to play in those tourneys due to travel, but with proper planning, commitment, and fundraising it is feasible. after all, most of us are spending alot of money in travel costs to play in tourneys only to face the same teams every weekend. Lets discuss this thread, or maybe start a new one to address this.

2. Bmac1

Bmac1 Full Access Member

The current schedules the Cardinals and Blues play, I wouldn't say they are playing the same teams every weekend. This year these 2 teams played many different teams in Colorado, TN, GA, KY, SC, & NC and in many of these tournaments there were some gold teams that both the Cardinals and Blues did very well against. (Some of these gold teams went on and did well in the gold nationals last week). So I guess my point is, for now at least, you don't face the same teams everyweekend and teams can play a competitive "A" schedule to still get their players seen without having to travel at least several states away every weekend.

But there is also another very important part to this equation, along with the work Ray and Rodney (and many others) put in getting their players known about and seen, the girls have some responsibility in contacting college coaches and letting them know of their interest and summer schedule.:twocents:

3. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

Agreed,except for the risk of possible injury,and there goes the scholarship !!

:thud::hallo:

4. softball nut

softball nut Full Access Member

You can be seen by plenty of coaches without playing Gold.If you are tired of playing the same teams then go out of state & play other tours.We played in Dynamites & played teams from Co, Fla.,Ga., & fared very well. NC fastpitch has come a long way in a short period of time. The Cards & Blues have proven that NC can hang with anyone.I feel that college coaches are starting to realize that there is plenty of talent right here in their own backyard.

5. Homer3

Homer3 Full Access Member

Returning Players?

Does anyone know how many players from this Championship team are returning for the summer of 2007? If so, who are they and what positions?

6. Bmac1

Bmac1 Full Access Member

Returning Cardinals

Returning Cardinals-

Chasity Covington- OF

Brittany Robinson- 3rd/C

Whitney Willaims- OF

Jessica Boni (08)- C/3rd

Faith Sutton- P

Brittany McKinney- C/1st/3rd

This is a very talented core group of players. However Coach Chandler has his work cut out for him in replacing the group of talented players who are now freshmen in college.

I don't know how he does it, but every year Coach Chandler adds quality players and always fields one of the best 18U teams in NC.