1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Carolina Cardinals Classic Raleigh

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by Sam and E's, Jul 12, 2010.

1. lylejohn

lylejohn Full Access Member

I saw a girl hit one at NCSU yesterday that cleared the tall net behind left field and landed on the track. She is probably not complaining about the ball, but I bet the pitcher would have liked to have had a soft mushy one when she threw that pitch. I also saw one leave the yard at Walnut Creek on Friday evening. My DD was that poor pitcher on this one, she would have liked a mushy ball in Friday's game.

2. JavelinCatcher

JavelinCatcher Full Access Member

We saw a girl (sorry, don't know the team or the girls name, we were warming up) hit a BOMB over the left field fence and well on to the track at NCSU yesterday morning. The left field fence has a 20+ foot high netting. I guess the netting is to keep balls off of the track. Cleared it with no problem.

3. jwinslowjr

jwinslowjr Member

I hope we use more of those "mushy balls". Our team sent several of them to the woods in left center and right center.

4. Carolina Bombs Coach

Carolina Bombs Coach Team Manager

Cardinals Classic

Thanks to Ray Chandler and his team on dealing with a lot of confusion from this past weekends showcase. I wished everyone would be a little more sensitive to the time and effort that these guys put in to give us the platform to showcase our girls. They can not control the weather and are very courteous to everyones needs trying get everyone's games in.

Congrats to J-baby on the bomb she hit out at NC STATE!!

Attached Files:

5. justsoftball

justsoftball Full Access Member

Bravo!!!!

:N1notbadforaman:

6. kief4

kief4 Junior Member

Mushy Balls and Home Runs

My daughter is a pitcher for Wagners and did not complain about the mushy balls. By the way, she (Heather Kiefer) is also the kid who hit the ball out of the partk to the track at NC State and over the fence on Friday at Walnut Creek. And one of her teammates (Shea Braxton) put one out on Sunday at UNC.

At showcases, we just ask for the opportunity to play and a place for college coaches to see us play. We were offered that this weekend. And if coaches didn't make a game, we sure have something to talk about and email them about.

7. Carolina Bombs Coach

Carolina Bombs Coach Team Manager

My girls didn't have a problem with mushy balls, We only got three games in this past weekend due to weather and had two home runs in two of the three games we did get to play. One hit out at NC State rattled off the top of the Water Tanks in center field LOL! :)

8. PhoenixPhan

PhoenixPhan Full Access Member

Ditto. It rained us out Friday night. We got in 3 innings on Saturday before the storms. CC2 worked hard to get as many games as he could in on Sunday to make the best of a difficult situation. It is much appreciated!

9. lylejohn

lylejohn Full Access Member

You definitely cannot fault the tournament director on this one. The weather was terrible, but every effort was made to get everyone some games. We were one of the lucky teams. We had a scrimmage early on Friday, so ended up getting in 4 games. My hat is off to those that had to deal with the weather and their efforts in getting the games played.

10. Homer3

Homer3 Full Access Member

Heard that balls were flying out of both fields at UNC all 3 days. The balls there must have been juiced.....hmmmmmm. They were lucky there as the rain missed UNC most of the weekend.

Also heard lots of good things from a couple of parents about the site director at UNC (someone said she was a UNC player??) even though there were a few coaches who felt the rain was her fault. But also heard some compliments as she was able to get most of the games in at UNC.

Just want to add that UnbiasSoftballFan seems to be a little biased...against the Cardinals folks....................