1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Carolina Stars 12U Open Tryouts

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by Bmac1, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Bmac1

Bmac1 Full Access Member

Carolina Stars 12U Open Tryouts Have been Cancelled

Due to impending inclement weather and wet field, the open tryouts scheduled for this weekend have been cancelled. A make up date will be announced soon.

We had many interested, so please spread the word to anyone that was planning on attending.
    Thanks.
    Bmac1

In 2007 we will be a 2nd year 12U team. Our objective for 2007 and beyond is to play the best competition possible by playing primarily ASA sanctioned tournaments. We are looking for serious and committed players who will turn 12 or 13 in 2007.

Our long term goal is to provide our players with the skills and qualities it will take to play in high school and college. As a 16u & 18U team, we will play in tournaments that will provide our players with the greatest level of exposure to college coaches. This will include ASA showcases, ASA qualifiers as well as the Boulder Independence Day qualifier. But before then, we will play the most competitive ASA schedule possible.

Our organization has been playing ball since 1999 and we are based out of Clemmons. We have access to a new private indoor training facility and a practice field anytime.

If you are or know of a serious and committed player and family, please email Ben McKinney at [email protected] or call 336-766-3247 for more info.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2006
  2. softballstar

softballstar Junior Member

How can you assure someone of playing in the Boulder tournament when you get to 16U and 18U when you are still a 12U team? From my understanding it is very tough to get in that tournament. The Cardinals have been in it for years and the Blues were just recently giving an invitation to play in it because they won a tournament out there this past summer.

3. Bmac1

Bmac1 Full Access Member

I'm not assuring anyone anything, but you are right, the Boulder Independence day tournament is very tough to get in. However my comment was our long term goal was to play in the Boulder qualifier and that is exactly what the Blues did this year. The Boulder qualifier is a great way to keep the Independence day tournament as competitive as possible. I believe the top 4 from the qualifier will replace the 4 worst teams in the Independence day tournament.

I have been in Boulder the past 2 years with the Ray and Cardinals and I do understand how the process works. I have discussed with Ray and Dan Burns (the Boulder tournament director) the steps that need to be taken to get a team in and he said the qualifier and/or with referrals from the right people is what it takes to be considered.

Thanks for allowing me to make this more clear. :)

4. Homer3

Homer3 Full Access Member

Are you looking for players for certain positions? How many ASA tourneys and where?