1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

CC vs Forbush scrimmage

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by CCHSvikefan81, Mar 3, 2004.

1. vtchic818

vtchic818 ~!~Slick~!~ #7

I'm sorry if I'm butting in or anything, but I thought I'd give a player's point of view. Although I live in the east and I'm not to familiar with these teams I still know what it's like to play softball, to win, and to lose. I don't mean to offend anyone but I think softball is about us players. The coaches lead us and teach us the skills that take us places and they also put in a lot of hard hours. Us players also put in a LOT of hard hours and work to where we are, we also love the sport or else I don't think we'd be playing the wonderful game. I think it's only fair for the fans to support the high school girls in their accomplishments and not bash us because you're against our school. We take what were given and can only work harder to improve ourselves, and when I see something bad posted about my school team or travling team it only lowers my self-esteem because that's what I have worked for not anyone else. I hope this post doesn't offend anyone, I just know that if I was a player for one of these teams that everyone is fussing about I think I would get quite offended. Good luck to these teams, and I hope you all see where I'm coming from and I'm sorry if I have offended you.

2. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

missed in the translation, perhaps???

the 4A/3A/2A/1A will all be interesting to say the least, when it gets to Raleigh in June. central-d ....any favorite travel teams, hot prospects from your area and what games are slated for you this week??

3. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

it shouldnt offend anyone..............great post and just proves most points, its about you guys, the PLAYERS and assisting you in reaching these goals. Thanks and Carry on "thunderbolt.

Players comments carry more weight for me..............................great POST

4. LBlues 1

LBlues 1 Full Access Member

Vchic

:applause: What a great post from a bright young lady who also has a love for the game. Everything U said is true and we as coaches and parents need to be mindful in what we say and do in front of our kids. U ladies do work awfully hard and make us coaches look like we know what we are doing. I have told my Blues teams many times that they make me look like I know the game! Ha Ha! Good luck to U "young lady" and keep up your passion for softball and life in general. :laugh1: