1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Charlotte area high school game of the week...Providence @ South Meck

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by SabreFan, Apr 4, 2004.

1. SabreFan

SabreFan Faithful Fan

Scheduled for Tuesday, 4/6, @ South Meck @ 6:30pm
    South Meck Sabres vs. Providence Panthers SW4A conference game...
    Projected Pitchers: T.J. Worrell for South and Alex Martin for Providence

South Meck Sabres: Overall: 11-1; Conference 6-0 (tied with Providence)
    Providence Panther: Overall: 9-2; Conference 6-0 (tied with South)

Any discussion regarding the teams, any of their players, and/or predictions?!?
    :scared2: :thinking: :scared2:

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Since I am a Providence Panther supporter, I'll venture in with a few thoughts. After getting off to a slow start, Providence has reached their stride going into this game. Ahearn leads off the lineup and his on base % is incredible....usually a hit or walk results in him being at 2nd base before the next 2 pitches. Barker, Scism, Northrup, AhearnII, Dietrich etc...are flat out hitting the ball. Kevin Dietrich (taking Braves advice by eating Wheaties) finished the week with 2 HR's, not knowing the Olympic game stats. Offensively, they are fast, quick and have some pop in their bats.

Alex Martin is so smooth. The Clemson signee, rarely makes mistakes, is always around the plate and is deceptively fast. He is a Sabre killer!!!

This is one of the "must watch" games this week. The Providence/South Meck rivalry has evolved from bitter dislike to one of mutual admiration. If you like HS baseball, there are two games that will reach a zenith in intensity this week. This game and AC vs Watauga....won't go wrong going to either of these Western NC games.

Oh..and one more note. If you are planning on coming to the Prov/SM game, you better come early to the 6:30ish game. All of the PSL's have been taken...scouts and visiting coaches will be in the skyboxes and a few remaining field level seats remain..otherwise, it's standing room only....and tailgating is acceptable...so to my Panther's friends...don't forget to bring your wine!!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2004
  3. The "O"

The "O" Full Access Member

are u kidding me "Braves"...

Both teams are pretty much solid throughout! I think PHS may have an edge with experience? Yet BIG games are for BIG players to step it up! THIS is the difference tomorrow night as it is in ANY big game! The outcome will hinge upon the players that make the plays moreso, big players making BIG plays, and GREAT players making GREAT plays! Basically, like all throughout the country this is what makes HS baseball so great! I just hope it is a clean, respectable hard fought contest in which it should be... Another KEY considering the game and that is defense and pitching wins will be to watch and study carefully which teams' hitters are able to adapt to the pitching styles supposedly on the hill tomorrow night! Hmmmmmmm FIRST bet this much the team that drives the ball MOREEEEE consisitently through the SS and 2B gap WILL win this contest! It ALLL goes back to hitters understanding pitchers and knowing when to be aggressive vs patient! SECONDLY the hitters who jump on the pitcher early in the count WILL win this contest! (no smilie to illustrate my feeeeeeling s about this game, think you can find one moderators?) Good luck to "all" the "kids" to have much success throughout the contest and finish uninjured... :xyzthumbs

4. Braves

Good post, coach. I can't help my bias towards Providence...those guys can play...but like you said...big players play big in big games....so we will see.

I will say this, South is not ranked 4th in the State by a fluke. They have gamers up and down the lineup. Defense is solid, hitting can be very good and they know how to win...I'm already nervous...not like the "O", who gets to sit back in his rocking chair and enjoy the game :D

5. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

Pre Game SWAMP JUICE will settle those nerves. This years WH team is killing my liver.

6. Braves

Yep..pre-game starts today...they already have RV's camping out on the hill tailgating.

7. The "O"

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............

there are a fewwwwwwwwwwwwww I will be rooting for personally for the Panther s as well as "one" in particualar for South! Anyone want to take a guess?!??!!?!?!?? :banana: :banana: :banana: As mentioned earlier no ideas about a NEW smilie??????? There are a few on the other hand well u know better left unsaid!!!!! :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2004
  8. Rockman

Rockman Junior Member

Agree with everyone........this is the game of the week, only to be surpassed when they meet again May 6. Not only are these teams extremely talented, Braves thoughts on mutual admiration is on the $$. Not only are these guys friends off the field, so are the parents, & Bags & Higgs are practically twins. This will be a major game.........I wonder if the Observer will get the names & stats right? :thinking: Guess that would be too much to ask.............

9. SouthLoop

SouthLoop S.Charlotte BB Researcher

Here's a thought: The team that executes in the tight and critical situations will win! But, I bet you guys already knew that huh?!? :invasion:

10. The "O"

Clever.....

thought and reply! you bet "southloop" :huh: