1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Charlotte Blaze 8U

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by metro, Jun 11, 2008.

1. NathanCullars

NathanCullars Full Access Member

Logan Bjornson (our team's little sister) is on this amazing team. I have watched these young ladies turn double plays as well as the 14u's!!!!!:cheer: Congrats to Coach Drew and the rest for a great start!

2. Shock16

Shock16 Senior Member

Way to GO 8U Blaze......

Without a doubt, Logan (a.k.a. Lucy) is a gem in the making. She even works out with her big sister's team.

Have seen this 8U team play several times (NSA & AAU). And YES, they all can hit the ball. On defense, they're one of the best out there. They don't even place a coach in the outfield. This is the only team I've seen where the base runners get leads (after ball crosses plate).

It is pure fun to watch these girls play the game.

Congratulations to the girls and the coaches.

3. JefferMC

JefferMC Full Access Member

Can't tell you how frustrated I get to see a Coach throwing puff balls at a kid who's hit off a machine throwing 45+.

4. marlinfan1

marlinfan1 Full Access Member

Fustration "might" be better....

...described by some as sitting with the 8u moms in the stands! WOW! Sometimes I think it would be nice for a Fish to have 9 lives!!! .......There is nothing cooler than watching the little ones get out there and give all they've got! It won't suprise me to see the FPitch bar raised yr after yr for some time to come. Afterall, these youngsters have the luxury of having been around older sisters/friends who have helped move the game in the right direction. .....And what an awesome record!!! Keep up the great work kids!!!! I'll be looking to hear more from all of you! PoppaFish

5. BlazeCoach

BlazeCoach Full Access Member

We are playing a machine pitch tournament at the end of June in Marion NC.Most of our tournaments are and have been coach pitch.What gets me most about this team is the softball iq of these young ladies.They know where and what to do with the ball without any delay when the ball is hit to them.And to top that all off all the parents are wonderful and would bend over backwards to do anything for this team.It has been an honor to coach these young ladies they really make me look good as a coach.Thank everyone for the support and the kind words it means alot.

Coach Drew

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  6. BlazeCoach

Thanks Nathan we enjoy your support and kind words.This coming weekend will be four weekends in a row with two more to go.That is six weekends in a row and not a negative word by anyone one the team.Good Luck in Burlington and tell Chelsa that I'm still waiting for her to fix my tail gate.HAHAHA Just kidding
    Coach Drew

7. BlazeCoach

Thanks Shock16!!!!It seems like you have coached Logan as much as I have so you get some credit also.Good luck in Burlington I'll be checking in on your progress.How many 8 year olds do you know that have been taught to hit 60 mph balls from a pitching machine.

Coach Drew

8. swingaway

swingaway Full Access Member

Congrats Drew - this team deserves the success. We miss you guys this summer.

Do you have room for a certain baseball payer who is 9?

9. BlazeCoach

Only is she pulls for the Cincinnati Reds!!!!!!! I would like to see her show up at a tryout at the end of Aug..

10. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

Really

An 8U can throw 45mph ?? Man !!!

[​IMG] Guru