1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Charlotte Blaze 8U

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by metro, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Bmac1

Bmac1 Full Access Member

Do What?

Agree with DDD!

8-9 years olds having the will to play 70+ games...get real. They need balance in the early years and then maybe in the early teens (if they aren't burnt out), 70+ games could be realistic. What these kids need now more than anything is practice on the fundamentals with occasional tournaments thrown in.

2. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

this thread is about a heck of an accomplishment... 51-2

not criticism...start another thread if you wish about that

3. cmmguy

cmmguy *

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  4. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

sigh....this forum...

5. BlazeCoach

BlazeCoach Full Access Member

Stupid remarks

:bananalama:
    Coach Drew!!!!!!
    :smash:
    the funny thing is.... they are all begging to play more

we'll hold a tryout for you if you'd like :)

repetition is only an issue... if its forced, otherwise reps only help. There is a reason why Latin America produces multitudes of MLB players, and none come from Canada- hint- they play 365 days a year and love it. At age 15, a Latin player has seen 3x as many pitches and caught 3x as many balls as the ordinary American. (I know this isn't a baseball forum) but calling out a team that just likes to go play is bush league IMO. So what if they play 50 weekends a year, as long as it's their will.[/quote]

6. BlazeCoach

No complaints from the girls, they love playing!!!!

7. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Metro is correct. This thread is about the Blaze and what they have achieved. If one wants to criticize you can start a thread about the advent of 8 yo travel ball. But let's keep this thread clean

8. swingaway

swingaway Full Access Member

Spring rec ball, rec All Stars and Fall rec ball = 70 games. All you folks that criticize the young travel players - did your daughters ever play rec All Stars? If so, what's the difference?

Balance comes from many areas - church, social projects, music, swimming with buddies, etc... Why are you hating? I know - - I am a bad parent if I do not raise my daughter according to your expectations!

9. grimmagic7

grimmagic7 Junior Member

Blaze 8U

Well here is the latest the Blaze 8U is now 51-2 . Scoring 214 runs and only allowing 183 in 53 games the 2 losses were aganist the Crush and the Mountain Fury which I am happy to say that the girls rallied and still won both tourements

proud Blaze parent

10. BlazeCoach

Congrats 8u Charlotte Blaze WFC EASTERN NC STATE CHAMPS

Another fine weekend by my young ladies on winning your 12th tournament out of 12 for the summer.We have played our last coach pitch tournament and are getting ready for the next big step.We have one more tournament in our sights the WFC WORLD in MYRTLE BEACH it is machine pitch.Coach Tim,Mark and Myself have enjoyed this incredible ride.I will remember this team for years to come you are all special young ladies.You are now 14-1 in the WFC ,15-1 in NSA events and 27-0 in AAU events for a record of 56-2 outstanding!!!!!!!!!Five of those wins are STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!

Coach Drew