1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Charlotte coaching jobs and others

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by Ironmaster, Jan 31, 2003.

1. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

Not sure, could be the work load involved or conflict of intrest issues. As good a job as Mike Carter did at Mooresville he was still criticized by some because he was a football guy. And any time a problem arose in another sport (funding, coaching, etc.) football favoritism became an issue. Those ideas could'nt be further from the truth. Football raised TONS of money and he gave freely for building projects, equiptment and did not even charge a gate for things like jv baseball, volleyball and others. This allowed the student body to attend in droves. He could have charged at every event, like most, but he did not. Not too familiar with CMS, they may be too large to operate in this manner. May be some policy or politics or parents or all of the above running the show. Maybe everybody is tired of TK, I've read on other boards where nobody else has a shot with the free movement of students/players that goes on in Charlotte. That seems to make the most sense to me. Another football issue, go figure.

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

You know, there is a misconception of the transfer rules in Charlotte. This year was a FREE year. Anybody could transfer to a school of their choice, as long as there was room..and they could transfer for any reason.

Now, unless they move into that district, a kid must sit out an entire year before being eligible to play at the school they transferred to.

They actually have watch patrols to check addresses to ensure no funny stuff (like renting an apartment, but not living there)

3. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

Did'nt know that, sounds like a good rule. I know that a lot of that goes on in some systems (un-named) in our conference. I know of one player in particular that changed schools in mid season and it was all over football issues, no hardship or anything like that. Good rule for CMS.

4. QueenCityHillbilly

QueenCityHillbilly Bitch, I Will Kill You

I'm glad to see Coach Marsh got promoted. He really cares about other sports. Coach Carter did too, but I really think other sports will respect Marsh more since he's less of a football guy than Carter is. Is Marsh still coaching the track team too?

5. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave