1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Charlotte Observer preseason coverage

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Langston Wertz Jr., Feb 11, 2011.

1. Vet-17

Vet-17 Middle Member

Yeah hands down Mallard Creek and Mooresville will be strong in the I-mec. They both return 10 + seniors. I put them Mallard Creek 2nd and Mooresville maybe 8th in sweet 16.

2. ncaarules

ncaarules Junior Member

Vet-17, you are all over handicapping the I-MECK. Right now I agree Mallard Creek is the best bet. As you say, they are returning 10+ seniors; and you can add in the Morgan kid (soph) who was All Conference last year as a freshman. Gonna be tough for any new guys to break into the lineup. If anybody does they will be even stronger. As with most teams we will have to see how deep their pitching will be. Unfortunately relievers will have to come from the position players.

nr

3. gopack49

gopack49 Full Access Member

Langston,
    The boys from Catholic will indeed be solid with the majority of their core players from last year returning -- lead by Alex Jensen (West Point)and Colin Manning (Holy Cross). Their pitching will be even deeper, however, with some solid juniors arriving from JV. Just returned from a scrimmage against Hough where the Cougars won handily over a young but solid Hough team. The thrill of playing in the newly refurbished Jack D. Hughes Park will add to excitement of their season.:clap:

4. Falcons15

Falcons15 Full Access Member

The I-Meck in my opinion is one of the best conference in the state behind the SW4A. Mallard Creek and Mooresville should both definitely be in the Sweet 16, also possibly Hopewell and Hough.

5. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Langston, good opening poll, of course its tough to know what everyone has before the first pitch is thrown,,, but I think your #1 pick (East Rowan) is a nobrainer, defending state 3A champs and they return all but 4 players and most of their pitching staff. Of course East has a very tough first week matchup this Friday with #3 ranked NW Cabarrus, so one of these good teams will take a loss early. Dont penalize that loser much, because both of those teams are legit top teams.

6. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Bump