1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

CHERRYVILLE POST 100

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by TROCK, May 21, 2006.

1. rocket

rocket Full Access Member

Pineville 6
    Cherryville 5

2. CCSNews

CCSNews Full Access Member

Its worse for C'ville

C'ville coach interferes (unintentional) with throw to third from catcher that in all likelihood wouldn't have caught the runner. Thirdbaseman can't reach ball. Interference called, batter out, runner back to 2nd. next guy pops up inning over.

P'ville comes back to score 2 and win game 6-5.

D Whit, C Austin (8th) and M Andress (9th) combine for the win. Everybody pitched for C'ville. I think the loss gets pinned on the guy who won the 1st game for C'ville.

weird and unusual series. the c'ville fans were hospitable for the most part and we are appreciative.

3. Ball-dee

Ball-dee Member

Caldwell 12
    Gaston 4

Messer gets the win 10Ks

4. Baseballplaya06

Baseballplaya06 Junior Member

Umpires

I think that quote's really funny. How could one umpire beat a team who see's 250 pitches throughout nine long innings.I play baseball and thats definately not the reason cherryville lost. They were outplayed and out coached by a much better team. It was amazing Cherryville actually won one game the whole series. It should have been a blowout 3-0. But enough talking about it , it's over and done with . Cherryville will be listening to the next game at home on the radio. Thanks ....

5. TROCK

TROCK Full Access Member

Cherryville vs Pineville (Game 4)

Monday July 17th
    Cherryville 5
    Pineville 6

Pineville wins series 3-1

6. luigiboy

luigiboy Full Access Member

How could you know they quote was funny? You obviously didn't read it. I said it WAS NOT the umpire's fault!!!

7. Carolina Man

Carolina Man Caldwell County Post 29

post 29

I'm really disappointed that Caldwell Post 29 will not be facing Cherryville and the Goat farmer this year. Always look forward to playing Bobby Dale and Cherryville. Nothing against Pineville, they have a fine team and the series will be a pleasure to watch, but its just the history of Caldwell Post 29 and Cherryville series that gets me excited. Bobby Dale will probably be in Pineville's dugout for this series, like he was in Garner's a year ago when we played for the state title. Bye Bye Booooooobbbbbbbyyyyyy Dale....:ylsuper:

way to go Pineville

Carolina Man

8. TMJ

TMJ Full Access Member

Caldwell is loaded but they were supposed to beat Scotland County.....Same result here.....Pineville beats Caldwell....Just a opinion!

9. luigiboy

luigiboy Full Access Member

Can we get an explination of the goat farmer reference. It help make the joke funny.

10. rollTHEdeuce

rollTHEdeuce Junior Member

Caldwell vs. Pineville

This series should be one definitely to watch. Red Hot Pineville is taking on the powerful Caldwell County. Caldwell is probably the wide favorite to win because of the South Caldwell players on the team. Dont forget... the Pineville Legion team is loaded with players who went to Charlotte Christian, and we all know what happened during the Caldwell vs. Christian game during the school season. Series should be a fun one to watch

:trophy: