1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

CHERRYVILLE POST 100

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by TROCK, May 21, 2006.

1. Carolina Man

Carolina Man Caldwell County Post 29

Shoot the Bubbles

Don't believe that crap for a second .......Shoot the Bubbles 9ers

Carolina Man.....:satana:

2. luigiboy

luigiboy Full Access Member

Ok for real, what do you have against Bobby Dale? Obviously there's some animosity there for some reason. I think we all know what it is, but we want to hear you say it.

3. Carolina Man

Post 29

We're still playing....and we're still winning.....and we're not done yet

Carolina Man

4. Carolina Man

Post 29

LOL ......Have you ever been to a Cherryville Caldwell game ? and you ask about animosity.......:lalala:

Carolina Man

5. luigiboy

Yeah, I've been to some and played in some. I just think my animosity would be directed towards the team if I had hard feelings for some reason. Seems like yours is directed towards the coach only. Cherryville was giving Caldwell County the time to squeeze in family vacations before school started at least back to when Bobby Dale was coaching Post 23 in Gastonia. Can't hold those losses against him.

6. DownSouth

DownSouth Full Access Member

Let me just break this whole thing down to you...

Bobby Dale is a tremendous baseball coach.

Its like I am a huge Carolina basketball fan. Insted of admitting Coach K is a great basketball coach, I like to think hes a Nazi. As for Bobby, insted of admitting hes a great coach, I like to think of him is a lover of four-legged creatures... I respect them both, its just a defense mechinism. I am guessing Carolina Man feels the same way.

As for your choking reference, since 2000 when I got involved with Post 29, I think its pretty close on the who eliminated who. Caldwell got Cherryville in 2000 in route to the State title, neither eliminated each other in 2001 or 2002. Cherryville got us in 2003 en route to the state title and national runner-up. And Caldwell has now been in the last three state tournaments as well as four out of the total seven.

7. SUMO

SUMO Full Access Member

Yep sure have

I was present to see the 2000 state tournament when the director of the Tournament threw out the catcher from Cherryville which was scheduled to pitch in the next game..... Was present for the rain game in Cherryville when the team you pull for was trying to stall and was forced to play by the umpire.. was at the gamein Caldwell when Brandon Hurt broke you heart by driving a ball over the right field fence(that still hasnt landed) while mason and heafner were holding the caldwell bats down...... bye the way that is where the boobbbbbby dale stuff started in the first couple of games but by game seven it had stopped maybe because of the lump in your throat as you were leaving the stands...... You did win the series last year but was sent home from the tournament by Cherryville. You know I had tried to foget all the arguements between the two teams but you are making it hard to do so. Here is hoping that one day you make it to the little world series and until you or your coach does so RESPECT the man who has twice!!!!!! BIAT#$:satana:

8. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I understand the rivalry between the two areas, but let's not let this get any more out of control....teasing's fine...attacking is not welcomed. C'mon you guys, you know the rules

9. luigiboy

Come on guys. You know better than to have fun in here. Somebody might take something said seriously.

10. Carolina Man

Post 29

LOL...Thats good stuff...Caldwell has a great program and so does Cherryville. Downsouth explained the Bobby Dale thing pretty good, We may be getting a little bit out of line...I was just having a little fun...telling the truth mind you....but just having fun

PS I was at the game when your catcher got thrown out, he deserved it
    I was at the game in Cherryville when the storm came across the ballfield, the game should have been called because of the lightning. And yes Cherryville has broke my heart before. I will never admit that again. That's what makes the rivalry so great. We broke our own hearts last year blowing a 7-0 lead. that's a hard way to end a season and it had to be against cherryville. My hats off to you on that one. Enough said

Carolina Man:urfired:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2006