1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Cherryville Post 100

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by SUMO, May 23, 2008.

1. luigiboy

luigiboy Full Access Member

Pineville

Does anybody know where the Pineville legion team plays their home games? Is it at Ardrey Kell like last year. Post 100 is coming to Pineville on 6/10 and I'm just right down the road.

2. honest-bulldog

honest-bulldog Junior Member

06-10-08 ...Tuesday night @Audrey Kell High School is what was announced last night at the ballgame. Then they will play Pineville @ home on Wednesday night. Pineville will be a tough challenge, GOOD BALLCLUB.....And Cherryville will be without several of the players, (Beach Trip). Cherryville is off to a good start in '08 ....I think 4 or 5 HR's were hit last night in the win of Charlotte.........14-4 ...8 Innings...

3. SUMO

SUMO Full Access Member

Anyone get a final on the Cherryville vs. Pineville game. I left in the top of the 4th during the rain and lightening delay?

4. honest-bulldog

You seen it all....When they went to the delay...they never re-started...Same 2 teams tonight Cherryville 7pm....

5. luigiboy

luigiboy Full Access Member

From what I hear no makeup is going to be scheduled for this one. I enjoyed what i saw of it.

6. honest-bulldog

Pineville 8..Cherryville 4....Tonights score, Aaron Haynes pitched 8 great innings only allowing 5 runs,,,,Pineville is a solid team... Haynes hit 2 homeruns tonight accounting for several of the runs for Cherryville....The thing that hurt Cherryville the most was the 4 Errors....Gonna be hard to win games against good teams when committing 4 Errors....

Cherryville starts back Sunday against Denver and then will play like 8 days in a row....including at least 1 Doubleheader...Or at least I think what I saw on the revised schedule......Fixing to be in the thick part of the season ..... Then Wilmington at the end of the month....North/ South Challenge...is end of month...2 weekends away...

I think you are right not sure last night game was re-scheduled...

Cherryville now 9-1 ....

7. throwtheheat

throwtheheat Full Access Member

missed this one..

What were the highlights from both sides? Pineville and Cherryville?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  8. TROCK

TROCK Full Access Member

Denver@Cherryville

6-15-08
    Denver 8
    Cherryville 18 (8)innings

Post 100 put up 18 runs on 22 hits while using 5 pitchers.
    Leading hitters for Post 100: A. Benson 4-5; T. Crisson 4-5; E. Beck 3-4; A. Haynes 3-5.
    Post 100 will host Taylorsville 6-16-08. (DH) 1st game 5:30pm
    Denver 8-10-4
    Cherryville 18-22-4

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  9. honest-bulldog

11 Pitchers??...I bet Coach Reynolds wishes he had 11 to throw. Cherryville threw 5 guys last night (1) more than they originally planned on. I think Denver may have thrown 6 which would be 11 total for the game. Cherryville will see what type pitching they have this next week. A double-header today and then 6 more games before a day off.

The bats are what are surprising Cherryville didn't have a hit in the first 2 innings, I don't believe...and then put up like 22 hits in the next 6 innings.......

10. JM15

JM15 Moderator

i would really be interested in going to cherryville for the caldwell game... when do they play?