1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Chris Deal returns to Taylorsville

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by grayb70, Sep 14, 2010.

1. grayb70

grayb70 Senior Member

Chris Deal makes his first return to Taylorsville Friday night when his Patton Panthers take on the Cougars of Alexander Central. I feel like this should be an interesting game, especially with it being Coach Deal's return. Any ideas on what sort of game to expect Friday night?

2. Coachcre

Coachcre Full Access Member

This game friday is not about Coach Deal returning to face his former. Its not about Deal and Harper going against each other. Its about two well coached hard-nosed football teams going at it. Both men will be the first to tell you its not about them but its about the young men who take the feild every Friday. I think it will be a hard fought game and be alot closer than last year. I know both coaches will have their teams ready to play.

3. NotSoFast

NotSoFast Full Access Member

you can drive 20 min down Hwy 90 and watch some real football when Butler comes to Lenoir to face Hibriten.

4. grayb70

grayb70 Senior Member

Wow...thats really all that i feel can be said about that....yes Butler and Hibriten is a big game but im not sure that its even going to be close...i just feel like butler has too much speed and size

5. NotSoFast

NotSoFast Full Access Member

funny, considering you didnt say that last year about the AC/HHS game last year but we all remember how that went down.

6. cougar man

cougar man Full Access Member

Yes, I have heard about this Butler team you speak of. Not so sure what you mean by real football. Do you guys not play real football every Friday Night?

7. grayb70

grayb70 Senior Member

you are right i didnt say anything because i knew hibriten had speed, but AC had size...im just saying "real" football isnt to be judged by who is playing or who comes to town friday night, but about the passion of the game and grinding it out...which i feel both AC and Patton do well...sooo in your terms, real football will be played Friday night in Taylorsville as well

8. Coachcre

Coachcre Full Access Member

I thought this thread was about Patton/Alexander Central.Im looking forward to this game. I hope this will be a fun game to watch. I will say these about both teams. Your couldnt ask for two better people to lead young men then Chris Deal and Tom Harper. Both men prepare their players not only on the feild but life after football as well. Two great coaches and even better people.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  9. grayb70

grayb70 Senior Member

and not to take away anything from hibriten, because they are a good ball team but this is also a butler team that has received 12 of 14 first place votes. its a butler team that went undefeated last year and won the state 4AA Championship 48-17...they know a little something about big games and return several players with experience in those big games...i just see butler being too much at the end of the night

but this tread is about Patton/AC...a game that is going to be physical and filled with defensive plays! I must say, i am looking forward to this game!

10. Wise One

Wise One No Doubt

Alexander Cetral just has too much for Patton to win unless the Cougars turn it over several times. Look for Patton to keep it close for a half and AC to run away in the 4th quarter. It's going to be strange to see Coach Deal on the far sidelines.