1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Coaching Carousal continues

Discussion in 'College Baseball' started by baseballx3, May 30, 2012.

1. Bulldogsbacker

Bulldogsbacker Full Access Member

Mars Hill ??

Rumor has it that Aaron Rembert UNCA assist.) is coming back this time to head Mars Hill's baseball program. Former Maiden player/grad - UNCA star - MHC pitching coach - UNCA assist coach and now possibly MHC head coach. Just a rumor, but sounds like a fresh, young, talented approach ....

2. Eagles 1313

Eagles 1313 Full Access Member

That rumor is correct. Congrats to Coach Rembert! I know my brother was very fond of him at UNC-Asheville for the last three years and the work he did with their pitching staff was high quality! Again congrats Coach Rembert!

3. Indy Dad

Indy Dad Full Access Member

Pollard to Duke

Pollard named the new coach at Duke.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  4. baseballx3

baseballx3 Full Access Member

5. NCMtnBBDad

NCMtnBBDad NCMtnBBDad

I should move to Vegas!

6. whammer31

whammer31 Junior Member

What will this mean for kids being recruited at App St.? With Jordan and Pollard leaving what happens next?

7. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

If there is an NLI, it is binding for one year. If one is still in the recruiting stage, you'll have to wait until the new coach is on board and then the process starts all over.

Quite honestly, when the coach leaves, it sucks.

8. flowmaster

flowmaster Junior Member

Reeeeeeeallllllllllly?

If what I have been reading about hirings and firings and successful teams and players, good coaches , bad coaches, how is the Lenoir Rhyne and AD coming back? Who are they accountable to . Odviously not their players, past and future...just ask any player who left. They did not learn anyting but four letter words and the best coaching they got was read out of a book called baseball for dummies...wow i should have tha job and Im an attorney.​

9. frankk412

frankk412 Junior Member

Wow...flowmaster...I have been around Catawba County for a long time and followed the Bears for years! The current coach is one of the few college coaches left that does not constantly put down players nor curse at them. If I remember correctly, and Braves, correct me if I am wrong, this website is not about putting down anyone, being it players or coaches....it is about recognizing the success of teams and its players.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  10. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

We never allow players to be attacked, but coaches in college are paid professionals.

I've had my say about the current coach and I'm not going to repeat it, but you have to keep in mind, baseball is not a revenue producing sport.

I actually like McGeachy at LR. He's a basketball guy and doesn't really care about the baseball side (again, non-revenue sport.) He's great at bringing in alumni $$$....and continues to give his coach all the time he needs to strive for success.