1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Coaching Vacancy Updates?

Discussion in 'Girls Basketball' started by bigdan, May 7, 2007.

1. whspioneers

whspioneers Full Access Member

BigDan- I know its trying and should not be on messageboards. However I appreciate the chance for all the Watauga fans who realize what is truly going on to help erradicate the very vocal minority that is ruining athletics at Watauga while people like myself and Pioneer Fan try and make them the best they can possibly be.

2. Seminolebaseball7

Seminolebaseball7 Full Access Member

Speaking as a person who has played under Coach Anderson, you do not have a clue what you are talking about. He is respected by every single player on his team, even the ones that do not play as much. He coaches with intensity but it is always encouraging. He never has a losing season and has won the conference the last two years. His practices are always instructive, and he makes players tougher than other teams. He is just as great as a person as he is a coach which is saying something. Maybe the reason a coach cannot coach these girls is because every time he raises his voice the parents get ticked off because they dont want there girls getting yelled at. It takes support to run a program and its visible by these posts that there is very little support. I would bet money that they are at least .500 this year under Anderson. Anderson will care for the girls because I know he did for guys. Also, it shows how good of a coach he is and how respected he is for the administration giving him the job over a person who has been in the girls program for a while. So all this crap that you say about him not being a good coach is bull crap. I guarantee you if you took at poll from every player he's coached, they would all say they respected him. You need to get your facts straight before you start ranting and raving about Coach Anderson because you don't have a clue what you're saying and your getting a really bad reputation. He treats everyone and every team with class and should do a great job this year as the girls coach. So just stop posting negative stuff about him because it's false.

By the way about him coaching football. Last year he coached football and basketball for two weeks and stayed til about 8 at the school practicing the jv team. His assistant coached about 5 games and was 4-1, so he has a good assistant to back him up. I guarantee you he will have them prepared by the first game.

3. Seminolebaseball7

Seminolebaseball7 Full Access Member

Part of the reason theyre caught up in this mess is because people like you who can't respect decisions and keep your mouth shut. Show some support and respect.

4. baseballislife10

baseballislife10 Tiger Baseball Fan

^ diddo... if you dont think hes a good coach for the job... how about you look at his jv record the last couple of years... they have won conference both of them... dont start bashing a coach out of what youve heard... take it from the players and from the people that watch him every game... hes the right man for the job and will do tremendous.

5. mtnman606

mtnman606 Full Access Member

it has been said that bobby would help with the boys program,thats not ture he has no plans on making that move.i for one hope he will have a change of heart.but they way he has been rewarded with what he has done for the girls he may feel like watauga not the place to coach anymore.

6. whspioneers

whspioneers Full Access Member

I know it would have been a pipe dream but thinking of what ifs.

What if Coach Anderson had not been named head coach before Coach Silver got the boot and we could talk Silver into coming to Watauga.

7. Roadking

Roadking Full Access Member

Parents

I have read all the responses through this Coaching Vacancy Update section and can quickly see what the real problem is. Go back and read the different ones and notice the word PARENTS and how many times it's mentioned. There lies the problem....if the parents would buy the basketball shoes, travel to the games and give their child the support needed everything would be fine. It doesn't matter if it's Coach Dixon, Coach Anderson, Coach Dunnigan or Coach Pat Summit. If the parents dont butt out, and let the coaches coach and the players play it will not be successful. That is anywhere, any sport, boys or girls.