1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Combat bats

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by KP17DAD, Oct 9, 2007.

1. KP17DAD

KP17DAD Junior Member

I have been hearing some good things about these bats and was wondering if anyone has any info on how they compare to the Rocketech or other bats.

2. LLTC Coach

LLTC Coach Banned From TBR

Lady Lightning Team Combat

Our group has been sponsored by Combat all year and I think all of our players have enjoyed swinging them. I have had several players give up their RocketTechs and have not seen any change in their power numbers.

In 10 events this year we hit 25 HRs and my leadoff hitter hit .480 with her first left handed HR.

At QDSS I let 2 of my players use them for the first time and in both of their first at bats they both hit HR with it.

Needless to say we are sold on them and we like Representing
    TEAM COMBAT!

Lady Lightning TEAM COMBAT

3. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

lord, do i get involved??? we compared the combat this year to the 2008 demo rocket tech's, found more power with the rt, move forgiving, larger sweet spot. have also had reports about breakage as in bat flying apart???

actually, the only bat that had close to the same power and consistancy as the 2008 rt was the 2008 synergy, but the rt out hit the syn by 30 feet on average. these are reports sent to me from the crew at anderson and some of the people you play against. i know a team that went all combat last year and i've sold them five rt's in the last two months.

but you've got to remember, its not the bat, its the batter and good techniques. bats are just a tool.

4. LLTC Coach

LLTC Coach Banned From TBR

Combat

I have not seen or been told by Combat that there is another travel team exclusively using their bats. i would love to know who they are. And find out which Combat they are using.

5. cheeze105

will pm ya...team didnt use the combats exclusively, they had a mixture of bats, but the top three in batting used the combat only.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2007
  6. cheeze105

ive seen the bat perform, its a good bat. i saw 7 home runs in conference hit with one, but remember, it's still just a tool and only as good as the player swingin it.

7. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

I Agree !!!

Good equipment is important,but if the handler doesn't know what he or she is doing it is a useless tool.The bat doesn't make the player look good,the player makes the bat look good.I know Cheeze real well,and he isn't trying to push R/T he is just stating facts !!!!

8. cheeze105

bats

Bats are always an interesting subject. everyone has their favorite one and swears by it. but if you look at the overall picture, bats are controlled and can only be so "hot". composite, double wall, single wall, all have different benefits and drawbacks. What it comes down to for me, is the player. does she feel comfortable with the bat? does she believe in the bat? does she perform with the bat? these are the things that really matter. combat, easton, worth, anderson, louisville, rip it and others all make good bats, but when it comes down to it, its all up to the batter's mechanics.....right??

9. CanAmMan

CanAmMan Full Access Member

I still think that everyone should be using a wooden bat!!!!

10. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

YEP !!!

100 % CORRECT !!!

:189: