1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Concord Post 51 looking for help

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by markinconcord, Nov 14, 2007.

1. west boy

west boy Full Access Member

ok, , don't get mad at Rowan just because they always have a good team and always have good support. We love our legion up here and always have.

2. greenballz

greenballz Full Access Member

rowan aint nothin

3. west boy

Yeah if you call consistently being one of the top legion programs in the state nothing, then you don't know too much do you??

4. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Rowan has great community support which generates mega$$$, a great coach (Gantt) and great facilities.

WestBoy, you gotta understand why some folks from other programs are envious of what you got.

We in Kannapolis have a much smaller support group, but the few businesses we have are very loyal to our legion program in their support $$$. Talent-wise, we only draw our players from 2 schools,,, so we know some years is going to be down years on the playing field which also hurts us at the gate in $$$. However, we go into every season knowing in order to be the very best team in this area, we gotta bring our standard up to Rowan and beat Rowan. We were able to play with Rowan from 2003-2006 and even beat you guys enough those years to win 3 Area championships during that 4 year timeframe, because we had a special group of players.

Hat tip to you guys, because you maintain a high standard every year, a goal every other legion program around sets out to do.

What Concord is currently going through, is the financial and support struggles that most of the rest of the world goes through in maintaining their legion baseball programs. It is costly and it takes people to make it work.

Again, my best wishes to my pals in Concord and I hope they get their ship righted for the upcoming season so they can maintain their long history of legion baseball in that community. Bill Collins was (is) a class act that has spent many hours making sure the Concord legion program was there.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  5. west boy

I understand how blessed Rowan is and I can understand how people can be envious. I want the other local legion programs to be consistently successful because it makes it better and the games more enjoyable. BTW, is Concord going to keep playing their games at Central this year or are they going to go back to historic Webb Field. I always enjoy going to watch Rowan play there. I understand they were undergoing some renovations and I was wondering if they were done with that or how long that is going to be?

6. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Bill Collins told me during the playoffs that he was wanting the team to stay at Central Cabarrus because certain things were so much more convenient; however, if Bill is leaving the scene, who knows what the new personnel will do?

7. baseball family

baseball family Junior Member

Sounds like someone sat the bench when he was on legion. How old were you when Goins coached? 10? If you knew anything about baseball you would realize Goins must be a pretty good coach to get them to the quarterfinals. The game you are talking about against rowan was lost on a pitcher error not a coaching error. Bowers was a freshman that year and I am sure he did not get drafted as a freshman. Get your facts straight. Goins owned the Dairy Queen and several other businesses after leaving ball. I think if anyone can be in that kind of position financially they must be doing pretty good. Take a seat sour grapes!