1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Conference Champs? Who's it gonna be.

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Mudcat, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

Here in the mountains, I'm gonna stick my neck out real far and say the TC Roberson will win the MAC 3A. In the WHC 2A Owen has to be the preseason favorite with North Henderson, West Henderson, and Pisgah all returning quality teams.

2. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

Ragsdale should win the TriCounty 3A again. Eastern Randolph will be down a little - they lost alot of players but overall the conference will be stronger. SE Guilford will challenge ER for second and may even give Ragsdale a challenge for first.

3. highntight

highntight North Meck Dad

Conference Champs

My predictions for the MECA8 are 1) North Meck 2) Independence 3) Central Cabarrus. Southwest 4A 1) South Meck 2) Providence 3) Butler. Keep in mind that I have to date not won the lottery!

4. sugarjet

sugarjet Full Access Member

MECA8:
    1. North Meck
    2. Indy

SW4A:
    1. South Meck
    2. Providence
    3. Myers Park

5. BigIbballfan20

BigIbballfan20 Junior Member

MECA 8

1. Indy
    2. North Mech
    3. Central Cabarrus

SW 4A

1. South Meck
    2. Providence
    3. Myers Park

6. playme

playme Full Access Member

In the NW4A i look for Watauga and Reynolds to fight it out for the championship followed by ACHS and S. Caldwell, McDowell, Freedom and E. Burke...

7. sbmom

sbmom Banned From TBR

Watagua should be tough this year as always ( good coaching). But if South Caldwell don't at least win the conference the next 2 or 3 years they will underachieve. They have loads of talent; several good pitchers and the coaching staff don't get the credit they deserve. This squad could bring home a couple state titles but even with talent you have to get it done on the field. My nw4a picks

1. S. Caldwell
    2. Watagua
    3. Reynolds
    4. East Burke
    5. Mcdowell
    6. Alexander
    7. Freedom

8. bubba

bubba Full Access Member

1-2 Maybe... ain't no don't know about the rest

South Caldwell has to be the odds on favorite with the young arms they have and Watauga seems to usually be in the upper division no matter what they throw out there, but don't underestimate Alexander Central. They have two studs on the mound in Corbett and Harrington. Chapman might be enough to get Freedom in contention. Reynolds seems to win at the JV level every year but have enjoyed very little success in the games that really matter. Reynolds, McDowell and East Burke will battle to stay out of the bottom spot.

And, since very few people on this board seem to ever spell it right, it's W-A-T-A-U-G-A. And don't you think don't should be doesn't sometimes too?

9. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

:D Bubba, we might not be able to spell Watauga very well...but we sure know how to spell C-o-a-c-h H-a-r-d-e-e

10. playme

playme Full Access Member

Bumgarner is a good pitcher but he won't throw every game for SC and a lack of experience will play a big role, SC has only beaten ACHS once since joining the NW4A; Chapman can't carry Freedom though he will give it his all, he will need some help if Freedom is to contend; ACHS has a proven and experienced pitching staff if they use it...Corbett can lead this team to the post season but the question is if Harrington can fill the # 2 position, this team has more than 2 pitchers( McLain and Russell) and you can't forget that Comer was Coach Of They Year last year...Watauga(spelled right) is returning some pitchers from an injured list and with Coach Hardee's coaching abilities can win outright...AC Reynolds has a lot of experience coming back and will put up a good challenge. i think the road to the NW4A championship goes through Watauga because of the pitchers returning from the injured list...McDowell will upset sombody this spring