1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Conference Champs? Who's it gonna be.

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Mudcat, Feb 3, 2005.

1. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

We can't all be "bubba's" ..... well, yeah, maybe we can :rofl:

2. burkebaseball

burkebaseball POST 21

I hate seeing both Burke teams picked to finish 4th and last. I think Freedom can make more noise than most people think. They return more than Chapman. If they can find some pitching watch out, cause I think this team will be able to put up some runs. Don't know too much about the boys down East. Looking at the legion team last year most of the players that played were returners from college or from Freedom, but I did see where there were some young players from EB on the roster even though they didn't see much field time. Of course here we are waiting for the World Series Little Leaguers to grow up.

3. reporter

reporter Full Access Member

4. playme

playme Full Access Member

Payne only faced Caldwell once in 02 and 03 in conference play, he pitched and defeated Sterling Parker and McDowell @ Reynolds in 02 during the Conference Championship and defeated Micheal Taylor and McDowell again @ Caldwell in 03 during the Conference Championship. Hollifield shut Caldwell out 3-0 in April in 03, first shut out for Caldwell in 2 years, allowing only 3 hits and had a solo homer..this was on the heels of Payne no hitting Watauga. Due to family problems i didn't keep up with the Cougars much in 04 and probably won't be able to this year either...

Freedom has always hit the ball hard and often but they have been just short in the pitching staff and they can be an impact this coming season but i think maybe they are a year or two away...

East Burke is having a hard time trying to fill the shoes of Yoder and Stewart...those two were studs on the hill...somebody is going to step up this year for them..

pitching is probably going to be the key in the NW4A this coming season.

Coaches please remind your players the rules concerning brawls and leaving the bench...good luck to all teams

5. The "O"

The "O" Full Access Member

SW4A/NW4A!???

South Meck-1
    East Meck-2
    Butler-3
    Myers Park-4
    Olympic-5
    Providence-6
    Waddell-7
    Garinger-8

JMHO