1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Conference Predictions

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by spartan15, Dec 13, 2005.

1. spartan15

spartan15 Junior Member

I know its a bit early, but any predictions for Southwestern 4A?

2. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

Southwestern 4A

spartan15....

It's going to be tough to predict the SW4A early....especially throwing in the addition of Independence and Weddington. You will need one of your best guys on the mound every game....unlike last year when you had Garinger and Waddell in the mix.

If you made me do it....my early sleeper that I think will give everyone a good run is Butler. They are returning some very good players and should a several good pitchers. :FightenSm

3. catamount36

catamount36 Full Access Member

in the cpc...
    throw the names in a hat and pick one.
    great parity in this conference this year. davie, north davidson, south rowan and west all have a shot. and don't forget east rowan and tabor enter the conference this year

4. Caroliner

Caroliner Full Access Member

Piedmont-Triad 3A

Conference has a totally different look overall going from 9 to 6 teams. The concensus is Glenn and SW Guilford will be the two out of the conference in the playoffs.

Glenn is going to be strong once again. They have several good young players moving up to fill what few holes they have.

SWG will have to fill several starting positions vacated including 1B, 2B, SS, C and a couple in the outfield. Coach Holmes will have his guys ready to compete again though.

Parkland will be looking to prove itself with several returning players who should still have a nasty taste in their mouths from last year and a couple new faces on varsity.

Reagan, Carver and HP-Andrews are the other 3 conference teams. Reagan is working from behind, but probably not for long as they are pulling from a good baseball area. Carver and Andrews are day-to-day.

5. baseballfreak

baseballfreak Junior Member

I agree that there is a toss up for the cpc this year but I have to give the edge to Davie County. They've got the pitching, defense, and definatly offence to bring it home.

6. mythoughts

mythoughts Full Access Member

Who does Davie have to pitch for them?? I know they will be strong on defense, and will hit the ball well.

I would have to give the edge to North Davidson. They have the Hunt kid (CPC player of the year) and the big lefty White to throw for them.

West Forsyth should be strong again this year with Holt and Jarvis on the mound, Stamper hitting and running, and a slew of strong unknown players

South Rowan will be strong as usual playing all out at every game. Well coached team.

East Rowan- new to the conference was strong last year and was a young team. Coach Hightower will have them ready.

Mt Tabor- will be young but talented. can trip up anyone at anytime

Reynolds may struggle but the have the reputation of always playing hard. With the Johnson kid on the mound they will be tough.

I think it will go down to the wire like last year (3 way tie) and one of the teams (don't know which one) going deep in the playoffs like last year (West reaching the final four)

7. baseballfreak

Davie has 2 time CPC All Conference John McDaniel, left hander Brad Corrier, Brandon Johnson who is a transfer from West with good stuff, 6-4 Junior left-hander Tom Kuell who has promising stuff, and closer Johnathan Hutchins who throws upper 80's. You didn't hear about Hutchins last year due to his wildness. However, if he has worked on it and can get the ball across the plate, his fastball has amazing tail and he has a dirty slider and curveball. Plus, rumor has it, Davie has a secret weapon this year. I'm just not sure what that is.

8. kboy2187

kboy2187 Junior Member

can forget merrifield he can hit

9. mythoughts

mythoughts Full Access Member

You are right Merrifield can hit. Tell me more about this big secrete Davie has. Rumor a catcher from one of the Rowan schools transfered there. Could this be what you are talking about. Tell me more about the big lefty, and the tranfer from West.

10. baseballfreak

Not only can Merrifield hit but he's smooth as butter in the field. I can't say more about the kid except for I heard he was a transfer. Not even sure if he is a catcher. But the tall lefty is Tom Keol. He throws low 80's with good control. I saw Brandon Johnson hit 85 and he has a dirty curveball. I'm telling you, keep up with Davie this year.