1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Conference Predictions

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by spartan15, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Red Bear

Red Bear Full Access Member

2. yankees

yankees Full Access Member

Red Bear:

I agree with you about Wendell, When I spoke with him early this fall he found himself short on time with his family and wanted to spend more time watching his son grow up. His son is in middleschool if I remember correctly and he was having fun playing on the golf team - Wendell just wanted to share more time with him. His son and family gain, the baseball community loses.

I have a tremendous amount of respect for him and hope he gets to return to the game soon.

3. yankees

yankees Full Access Member

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Somebody better wake up highntight before he misses work. Watch out, because he's going to complain saying something like, "You woke me up for this, I was having a really good dream." Or is that me thinking of the commercial?:imagestor

4. highntight

highntight North Meck Dad

Mecca 6 Predictions

Yankees: " You woke me up from my good dream for this? " Hopewell and Central Cabarrus can hit the ball and score runs. North Meck will struggle to hit and score especially during the second half of the season. Go watch several of these teams practice and you will see why this is not a dream! :thud:

5. WNCBB

WNCBB Full Access Member

3A MAC

Since the MAC is down to 7 teams this year with East Henderson and Smoky Mountain moving to 2A, only two teams will qualify for the playoffs. It should be an interesting year. TC Roberson should win the MAC again with Enka, Erwin, North Buncombe, Tuscola and Franklin fighting for the second spot.

My predictions:

1. TC Roberson
    2. Tuscola
    3. Enka
    4. Franklin
    5. North Buncombe
    6. Erwin
    7. Asheville

6. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

This conference will come down to the last game. TC will win it but #2 will be a tough call. A lot of evenly matched teams this year.

7. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

My predictions for the new WAC 2A conference. This is an early pick as it there seems to be some academic question marks out there for one school.

1, West Henderson/North Henderson - a battle to the end of the season.
    2. West Henderson/North Henderson
    3. Brevard - nice group of young players with a new coach that might do well.
    4. East Henderson - will not be so young this year and will be more competitive.
    5. Pisgah - lost a lot to graduation but always seem to be a good hitting team.
    6, Smoky Mountain.

2 playoff spots at stake here.

8. baseball42

baseball42 Member

WAC CONFERENCE

I think this will be a exciting year in NC baseball.I know alot of the players in the WAC and there is alot of very good players in this conference. I dont think alot of them have had the exsposure as most of the kids talked about on TBR but I can honestly say that they can play the game.I think NC baseball is on the rise and that is great.I hope all the kids that truly love the game work hard and reach their full potential.I Think time will tell who the best team is and I wish they were playing TODAY.

9. LClefty04

LClefty04 Full Access Member

Any SPC predictions out there???

I know for Piedmont that they will be young but will be lead by Timmy King on the bump. He will have to be a horse this year for the team but I know that Coach Flow will have them ready to compete.

10. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

Western Highlands Conference - 1A/2A combined. Here is my stab at this one.

1. Owen, 2A - No doubt about this one.
    2. Mountain Heritage, 2A - always a competitive team.
    3. Madison, 2A - A new coach that has been successful at Erwin.
    4. Polk, 1A - A good coach here.
    5. Hendersonville, 1A - Lost a lot to graduation and has new coaching staff.
    6. Mitchell, 2A.
    7. Avery, 1A. Tough weather hurts their ability to be competetive.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2006