1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

CPC predictions

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Baseball7690, Oct 31, 2007.

1. 3play

3play Full Access Member

Congatulations.....

This board has now become Nc preps because of the cheap smack talk.........

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

ouch...relax. It's out of season. Nobody wins championships in November

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  3. 9nine9

9nine9 Full Access Member

My two cents

I've been reading this thread for a couple days now, and it is interesting to say the least. I'll preface my comments by saying that I am a North Davidson graduate and was a volunteer assistant there for 6 years so I really do bleed black and orange.

I really think the disjunction we have on this thread is the difference between who is better on paper and who actually performs the best. This is an age old debate. Like was previously mentioned, the Yankees have had the best ball club on paper probably 5 or 6 of the last 7 years and haven't won the prize.

In my opinion North Davidson may have the best team on paper, but no one has given anyone a trophy for being the best on paper. Yes ND lost ALOT of offense with the graduation of both Kassouf and Yount. I do, however, think they will be the favorite because they have two battle tested starters. Zach and Clay both have pitched in a Legion State Championship Tournament and a 4A semifinal series. Is that to say that Mount Tabor, West Forsyth or anyone else can't win the conference. Absolutely not. West has been the class of the league for several years and they do not rebuild, they just reload. Mt. Tabor has exceptionally good talent. I love Batts on the mound and they are big time up the middle. Coach Lovelace is a darn good one too. One of the best around.

The interesting thing to me will be how does ND handle the expectations (both internal and external). They have more times than not played the role of spoiler, not that of the favorite. Can they handle that? It will be interesting to find out.

As far as chemistry goes, I don't see any chemistry issues with ND from where I sit. Mt. Tabor may have better chemistry, I have no idea, but ND doesn't have bad chemistry. I don't think OAC was insinuating that ND had bad chemistry, I think he was just saying that Mt. Tabor has exceptional chemistry. I'm cool with that.

For me personally, I can't wait. From top to bottom this may be the most talent that the conference has had in a bunch of years. I think that when it comes down to it, everybody is going to beat up on each other and when the dust settles, who knows who will come out on top. Heck, all this talk of ND, MT and WF - it wouldn't surprise me in the least if a team outside of those 3 were to win. One thing that cannot be argued is that the CPC has a great group of coaches and each one will get alot out of their guys.

Play Ball.

4. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

I would say that this is the most well put thought out words I have ever seen on this board in regaurds to one supporting their team. It is great to see someone supporting their team and not attacking no one else. :hurray:Respecting the opinions of others while put out good info. Not seen the schedule yet. But, be sure to have some dogs ready for the Parkland game. I own you one for this post. Outstanding!!!!!!!

5. OldAngelsCoach

OldAngelsCoach Full Access Member

Thanks for not punching me NINE! You must be an English major.. I obviously am not and got hammered.. hahaha Oh well, probably won't be the last time..

With that said, I suddenly am feeling some love expecially when Braves and Niner understand my thinking.. Tell Mr. Stone I said hello..

6. mythoughts

mythoughts Full Access Member

9nine9,
    great post and tact

7. bassfishing

bassfishing Full Access Member

Haven't heard anything new from this thread in a while.
    I will still stay with the pick of North Davidson being the team to beat on paper.
    I like the comment earlier about West still being the top dog. Their JV team was very good with some good arms and some very good young talent. This will be another interesting year in the CPC. I believe any team can beat the other one on any given night.
    Who are some of the top returning players from each team?

I will try and start.
    North Davidson-Zach White, Levi Michael, Ben Redmond, Clay Watson, The Joyce kid from the JV team, Jarrett Albright, and I am sure there are others.
    West-Garrison Lassiter, Chris Sanders, The 2 lefty pitchers from JV, Alex Robertson, and probably others.
    Mount Tabor- Tyler Vogler, Sam Rodgman, Mat Batts, Brad Wrege, Brooks Godwin, and probably others.
    Davie-Ryan Carter, Brent Beam, Garrett Benge (Maybe), and others?
    Reynolds-Couple of LHP's and others
    North Forsyth- New to the league-Don't know much about them.

8. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

Thing is it is the others that can beat you. The young teams have grown. Last year it was man can I hit that. This year it is man I'm going to hit that!!!

9. dakota44

dakota44 Member

Davie County

Davie lost almost their entire infield to graduation, but the replacements have alot of experience. With the exception of Brent Beam, the team will basically be the JV squad from 2006 that swept North Davidson both times, with Carter pitching both as a freshman. I know Zach White was playing up last year but not sure about Levi, Redmond and some of the other guys for North. Jess Cartner will be back at 1st, Zeb Cope at 2nd, Colby Seaford at SS and 3rd will probably be Carter or Zach Russell Myers when they are not pitching. Outfielders should be Clint Howell and Beam, and probably Matt Oswell in center.
    Pitching will be tough this year as there are not many JV pitchers moving up, and one of them transferred to a private school this year. Carter will have to carry most of the load, with Zach Russell Myers and Garrett Benge (rumor is that he IS playing). The catcher position is up for grabs, will not be easy replacing Kinard's arm from behind the plate.
    Cartner, Cope, Myers, Howell and Jacob Vernon were all starters on the Mocksville Junior Legion team that went to the state playoffs this past summer, while Carter, Seaford and Beam played on the Senior team.
    Well that is the scoop on Davie, I'm sure North Davidson should have no problem taking 1st, but I believe 2nd-4th will be up for grabs between Davie, Tabor and West.

10. throw90

throw90 Full Access Member

What about Hanover at Mount Tabor.I hear this is true but have not heard it from the horses mouth.I beleive this would help if it is true.Zach White is a bulldog and will be tough on Tabor.I think Batts is going to keep you in any game.