1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

CPC

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by catcher25, Feb 1, 2006.

1. chicagocubs

chicagocubs Junior Member

Guess what, It doesnt matter that a person moves in. We still have to play the game and one person is not going to win the game by himself. Thats why they call baseball a TEAM SPORT.

2. DCAWBASEBALL

DCAWBASEBALL DCAWBASEBALL

I agree baseball is a team sport. It takes all nine players on the field to work together as a team. Davie, I do believe will have a good team, and yes the new players will help them out, but I think Davie would be just as good if they hadn't transfered in. I don't want to speak too soon about Davie because it happens every year where we think they are going to win conference and they have the best team yet and then something always happens and they just can't get it together. I think the players this year have played together for many years, starting in Little League and I think they have good chemistry. So I hope this will be the year to beat Davie.

3. tarheel

tarheel Junior Member

I work in Davie County and there are a lot of baseball fans at Ingersol Rand. So I get to here a lot about Davie baseball. The one thing that I keep hearing about this team is that it has the best pitching since "THE HAMMER". I am not sure what "THAT" means so maybe one of you Davie guys can fill us in.

4. DCbaseball

DCbaseball Superman

LONNIE BARNES----- HAMMER TIME

5. HEAT

HEAT Full Access Member

pitching for Davie will need to be good playng in Rich Park. It's by far a hitters ball park...305-310 tops down the lines, 350-360 or so in center. the ball seems to fly outta there at nights. how is davie's defense looking? they'll need to be solid day in and day out to contend. their hitting won't be a problem...they are about a solid as it comes 1-9. young, yes, but they're not too young to win.
    My guess is Davie will finish 2nd in the conference next to those titans. can't wait to see west, davie, and ND face off against eachother it'll be a dogfight

6. Quint

Quint Junior Member

Don't leave out East Rowan.

7. olefty

olefty Full Access Member

I saw Lonnie Barnes pitch for Wilkes CC. Are you sure that's who you mean by hammer time? You gotta be talking about someone else. West and ND are much better teams IMO.

8. homeplate

homeplate Full Access Member

It's that time of year to post the predictions for the CPC . should be an exciting year anybodys conference to win. this years predictions are based on returning players, Legion season and fall season.

1. Davie County -This should be the year of the war eagle . davie will go from the outhouse to the penthouse once again led by 5 returning all conference players, Howard, McDaniel, Vogler , Merrifield, Stewart, and 2 stud transfers.
    The buzz around Mocksville is win the conference or back the uhaul up to the coaches office This team is loaded .

2. North Davidson- This team is loaded with pitching Andrew Hunt (returning cpc player of the year) and Zack White, they also hold the best power hitter in the conference in Daniel Kausouf .Eric Roach will have to step it up behind the plate. This team could win it all.

9. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I know this was said with tongue in cheek, but I have seen a lot of talented teams destroyed with a lack of chemistry, jealousy or senioritis. I have heard that some teams are painting a bullseye on their Davie County schedule, so the games will elevate in emotions....it should be exciting.

Watch out for West Forsyth...this team can play!!!!

10. tools

tools Full Access Member

I guess it's a 2 team race since that's all you commented on, you can never count out any Rowan County team, the toughest place to play is always South Rowan!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2006