1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

D1 vs DII

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by 007, Jun 8, 2008.

1. OurPasttime713

OurPasttime713 Full Access Member

Haha now a brawl might be one thing Mt Olive can beat Wake Forest at

2. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

Get the keys it is a :beatdeadhorse5:.

3. OurPasttime713

OurPasttime713 Full Access Member

Plate Dad you are the same one who said HS coaches should bench their starters and get everyone playing time in non-conference games. The validity of your future statements took a deep hit after that.

4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Hey guys, we are so far removed from the topic of this thread that I suggest we have no more to say. I hate closing threads, so can't we leave this one alone and let it die in peace?

5. andro

andro Full Access Member

Yeah

I've stayed away from posting on this topic because I felt like this would lead to some really uneducated responses. After reading all of these posts my prediction came true...

I'm not really sure where a lot of people are coming off saying some of the things that they are.

My assumptions in the differences. In this I am comparing the top 25 division II programs with division I in general.

1) Lack of pitching depth - Division one always gobbles of the pitching. As the DII team gets into the bullpens and middle of the week pitching, there will be a difference.

2) Overall team speed - Top to bottom, DI's run better. Unless a DII team goes out with the mindset to recruit speed, DI's will be faster. The DII team that recruits speed will most likely sacrifice power in general.

3) Frontline pitching - The high end pitching will be a little better, in terms of stuff.

4) Miscellaneous - Whatever the team does.. ie. what the coaches philosophy is at the DI level does... power, baserunning, pitching the DI will be better because the physical qualities are better as a whole.

Now... let me throw this out here. What people don't understand is that there are a lot of extenuating circumstances that happen at the DII level that people don't know about. These circumstances may allow the talent gap to shorten.
    -JUCO's that only have 48 transferable hours and do not graduate cannot go DI, but they can go DII.
    -Some DI's that are vying for a starting spot and get beat out, don't want to sit around and wait... therefore, they transfer to DII, a lot.
    -Pitchers that are good, but may not be great may go DII out of high school with some DI offers on the table. They go so they can pitch right away. Seniors, develop... they pitch a lot throughout the course of their four years. Sometimes DI guys wait, wait, wait... and lack the experience by the time they get to their junior and senior years hurts them.
    -I mentioned it in the pitching clip, that there are kids....shhhhhh.... that don't want to wait two years to play. So they go dII out of high school.

What you see a lot are teams that have developed, with a number of talented transfers, that seem to go the farthest, and in my opinion can compete with DI's in general. Can they compete with the ACC? I don't know that that is a fair comparison, and no one can predict that.

A lot of other things I want to say, but don't have the time.

6. LRBaseballer

LRBaseballer GO CUBS GO!

please

7. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

Braves I'm out.

8. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Good response...and from one who knows