1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

D1 vs DII

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by 007, Jun 8, 2008.

1. OurPasttime713

OurPasttime713 Full Access Member

Perhaps you should re-read, wolfpac. Right after he talked about how they could consistantly battle, he said Clemson would have struggled in D2 conference. The very next sentence.

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

What is stupid were "these posts" in the other thread. A thread about congratulating Chad Flack. Since people want to make comments about the two divisions, post them in here. I had to move it somewhere.

But if you think the thread is "stupid" then don't read it...Doh!:8:

3. wolfpac

wolfpac Full Access Member

Braves said: "To be honest, Clemson would have struggled this year in some of the D2 conferences."

OutPasttime713 responds: "Anyone who honestly thinks that Francis Marion could beat Clemson on anything close to a regular basis, is crazy."

Tell ya what, show me where Braves said that Francis Marion would beat Clemson on "anything close to a regular basis" and I'll re-read.

4. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

There are players that could compete well...

at the D1 level. Taks Eric Lovett (MOC) for instance. Would he have teh exact same numbers? Maybe not. THe difference is in quality arms IMHO and the atheletes may be better. Notice I said compete not dominate though. There are some teams that could be very competitive though.

5. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Okay, okay, I knew if I mentioned a particular school it would get a negative response. Man, I already sense where this thread is going...to the toilet.

Personally, it doesn't matter to me. Everyone has their own opinion. But this thread is for those of you that want to address it

6. wolfpac

Braves, totally agreed with your differences above. The blue chippers and depth are the biggest differences.

I think about Mt. Olive and they had Erik Lovett ,who at one point was supposed to go to NC State after Louisburg College, but ended up at Mt. Olive and he wasn't even the player of the year on the team though he obviously had a great year himself.

7. wolfpac

coachevans, I swear I hadn't read your post when I mentioned Erik Lovett in my post. Great minds and all........ :cool2:

8. wolfpac

We will all blame you before this thread is over.

BTW, tell Braves Jr. that I am ready to show him up on the court again and embarass him when a 30 year old beats him in basketball. :headbang:

9. OurPasttime713

OurPasttime713 Full Access Member

I'm not saying that Braves opinion is wrong, but I'm just trying to clear up what wolfpac keeps saying.

Braves says Francis Marion is one of the top D2 teams in the nation. That's true. Definitely.

Braves said that Clemson would "struggle" in some D2 conferences this year. That's what's up for debate.

For clemson to STRUGGLE in a conference, that means they're going to lose their fair share of games. So obviously, if there are CONFERENCES out there that Clemson would struggle in, they would certainly struggle against the nation's top TEAMS.

So by saying that Clemson would struggle in D2 conferences, it's understood that the poster believes that the top D2 teams could certainly beat Clemson regularly.

I tend to disagree with that. But that's what was said.

10. wolfpac

Ourpasstime, we are arguing semantics but you took it to another level when you said ""Anyone who honestly thinks that Francis Marion could beat Clemson on anything close to a regular basis, is crazy."

Saying Francis Marion might beat them this year is vastly different from saying they could beat them on a regular basis. Braves wasn't saying that and that is what I picked up on.