1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Daddys on the field in HS ball?

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by deacdiddy, Jul 21, 2009.

1. SBall08

SBall08 Junior Member

I personally do not allow coaches on my High School field. Parents and fans have enough to say behind my back without my having a parent in the dugout. Everyone is a little league coach aren't they. I try to run a professional program and only "Coaches" are allowed in my dugout and practice field. Players are not allowed to discuss the game during the game with parents either. If a parent hands a player a drink fine but no conversating. My players have always handled that well too. If one day an assistant of mine happens to be a dad then so be it but they will know their boudries. Maybe I just know that with my knowledge and my assistants we can handle it. Some of the less experienced coaches may feel the need for a daddy or may be to timid to stop it.

2. bad2bone

bad2bone Full Access Member

not taking away from your point which I highly agree bc Ive seen it with my own eyes for a few games, but the coach helped a lot and plus there were new girls, which pretty much a new team. They knew what was going to happen. Something should have been done earlier, but hey look who the AD was. Some think it's a good idea and others say it's bad. Hey whatever works to get the program up. I've had my say so to other people but in this situation he has helped a lot from my last 4 years of high school. Wish something was done before that. I went thru 4 colleges in 4 years. Now I'm at 6 in 6 years :/. But def a qualified parent over a faculty member who does not care at all and don't understand the game.