1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Dave Elder to be the next coach at West Caldwell!

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by HulkaManiaRunninWild, Jan 10, 2004.

1. TGIF

TGIF Full Access Member

OK

ONEWHOKNOWS,
    HAVE YOU HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT DAVE ELDER COMING UP THERE? HAVE THEY EVEN OPENED UP THE POSITION YET? THEY NEED TO MAKE A MOVE SOON. SPRING IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER. THANKS!

2. SCSpartanFan

SCSpartanFan Full Access Member

Dave Elder to be the next coach at West Caldewell

Dear onewhoknowswc

Thought I would share with you some information i received,
    someone emailed Coach Carter (SC) to tell him he needed to read
    the SCSpartanFan post on the "when will West Caldwell name its new
    coach thread". The thread I posted concerning the thankless hours
    varsity football coaches endure, and how they are sometimes unfairly
    treated..Coach Carter called this person back to thank them and ask
    them if he knew who SCSpartanFan was??? He also said he had taken
    some time to read some other posts especially concerning the hulkmania
    runningwild and his supposed ties to South Caldwell. He told this
    person, he had better never find out that any of his staff are posting
    messages on this board,,that are disrespectful to any coach, of any sport
    in this county...and if they did, their services on his staff will be
    terminated immediately,,,thought you might want to know :applause: that...... :nono: :applause: :applause:

3. onewhoknowswc

onewhoknowswc Junior Member

Dave elder will not be the coach at WCHS if that answers your question....and to Spartan Fan im not referring to anyone who was on the football staff at SCHS last season

4. SCSpartanFan

SCSpartanFan Full Access Member

Dave Elder to be the next coach at West Caldwell

:singer: Well to onewhoknowswc to my knowledge there has been
    no new additions to the South Caldwell Football Staff,
    since last season. So if you don't mind me asking why
    is South Caldwell being included in this thread,,,, unless
    you know something I don't know. All 7 coaching positions
    are filled...... :gmorning:

5. HulkaManiaRunninWild

HulkaManiaRunninWild Banned From TBR

Is your favorite color Blueeeeeeeeeee? You may be good with computers, but you are not that good. You should attempt to come up with something other than that lame story of being good with computers.
    So, what exactly would you like me to let go? Would it be my honest observations? Would it be my opinion? Would it be my pointing out some things that the program has lacked over the years? The problem here is that you are asking me to recant things that are of an opinionated nature. That's a lot to ask and it illustrates how insecure you are------whomever you are. I'm begining to formulate with good accuracy who you are as well, although it's not important. I could really care less. What's fundemantal here is that you can't stand that someone disagrees with you. When somebody does, in this case me, you get all bent out of shape and make suggestions that you are going to expose somebody. That's just sad that you can't deal with the fact that some people just didn't care for the style of the former coach at WC. I will only say this one more time. I do not know Coach Styron as you do and only know things that I have seen, read, and heard. You should be extremely careful before you go out and accuse somebody of something without having strong proof that he/she did what you say they did-----I'm not your guy. Your threats will not change my opinion and those opinions of others. If these opinions offend you then you should not read these posts. I hope you can move on from here and find something more credible than a hunch or intuition.
    One final thing, you should go back and read my posts. Not everything I have said about him is negative. Sure, I agree with some of the things that others say and disagree with some things as well. That doesn't make Styron a bad guy if people didn't like what kind of football coach he was/is. I'll continue to engage anyone who wishes to talk about the football program at WC while at the same time interjecting honest opinions.
    Good day!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2004
  6. warriordawg

warriordawg Full Access Member

Well what's up at West Caldwell since coach Bigg turned the Warriors down, does anyone have any name's of coach'es who might want the job. Look's like some name's would start to surface by now.

7. JunkyardDawg2

JunkyardDawg2 Full Access Member

I e-mailed Burton again about this and Elder is not even in consideration. Although he wouldn't mention any names he said they are going through a interviewing process and have a couple of very proven prospects.

8. HulkaManiaRunninWild

HulkaManiaRunninWild Banned From TBR

Look fellas, I'm not trying to BS anybody here. Part of the reason I've heard Dave Elder is coming back to WC is because the school can fill two spots with one person. That's right, he can fill the girls varsity BBall position as well as the Football job. Rumor has it that the girls BBall coach will retire at the end of the school year. Too bad because that coach has done a fantastic job. It's a great deal for the school and him.
    I will say that I have not physically seen him at the school. I have a good rapport with some people in the administration. I speak to them frequently and this is what they tell me. I do not see any reason for them to lie. Who knows what will happen, however, if they are not talking to Dave Elder then they are absolute fools.

9. inthathead

inthathead Full Access Member

so now Elder will take the Girls B-Ball job to. Boy Hulk you start it all on here don't you. The West girls should win the conference this season as for there coach retiring will why do you even want to start that in the the middle of a successfull season for them. It seems JYD2 has a lot more answers than anyone else right now.

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND HER TROOPS :medal:

10. warriordawg

warriordawg Full Access Member

HULK if someone is telling you Dave Elder is coming to West Caldwell then they are telling you a lie. From what I've heard his name isn't even on there list. And Karen Trivette is doing a great job since returning, and has brought the girls basketball program back to life, I don't think she will retire anytime soon. And she has won 2 state 3A title's at West who else in this county can say that (nobody). So forget the Elder thing it isn't going to happen.