1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

DAVID DANIELS to Davidson

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by SCPBUC, Apr 29, 2011.

1. SCPBUC

SCPBUC Full Access Member

2011 David Daniels - East Meck HS / South Charlotte Panthers has accepted an offer to attend college and play baseball next season for the Davidson Wildcats. David will head north this fall to begin school following the completion of his senior year where the 4 year starter has helped lead the Eagles in the SW4A. In his two years with SCP; David became one of the programs all time leaders in games played; hits; stolen bases and runs scored.
    Congratulations to David and his parents Kevin and Amy.

2. xpectus6

xpectus6 Full Access Member

I don't know David, but he must be pretty smart. At Davidson, he isn't just getting good baseball, but he's also getting a GREAT EDUCATION. Congrats and Good Luck!

3. Bulldogsbacker

Bulldogsbacker Full Access Member

Well deserved to a fine ball player, it was just a matter of time..........

4. Julieshubby

Julieshubby Junior Member

Way to go "Double D"

Your EM family is so proud of you! Good things happen to good people and you deserve this opportunity.

Congratulations!!

5. war eagle

war eagle Junior Member

Congrats, David Daniels

David Daniels is just a great baseball player. Having said that, DD is a great student and a great guy. I am very pleased he has this opportunity! Happy for David and his parents, Amy and Kevin. As most know, it's a sacrifice for the whole family to get to this point...

6. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

David Daniels is everything you would want in a young man. As a baseball player, you could not have a better teammate. Although he lets his play do the talking, David is the first to pick up a teammate and the first out of the dugout to congratulate them. He doesn't showboat and rarely expresses a negative emotion. He doesn't complain when things don't go his way; he just believes he will get you next time.

Daniels can go yard, but his best attribute is his speed. A walk or single is an automatic double and he is one of the best instinctive base runners I have seen in HS; steals 3rd easier than 2nd. and always puts pressure on the defense by taking the extra base. For some players baseball comes easily to them; that's because they are students of the game and play it like a chess match. That's David Daniels---always thinking one step ahead of others. Of course, students attending Davidson College have a commonality...they are brilliant students.

I could go on and on about David Daniels, but I'd like to mention something just as important...his parents. Kevin and Amy Daniels have raised two boys, Leighton and David, to be perfect citizens. The boys are exactly what you hope your children become: Humble, caring and treat people with respect. You don't have to worry how those boys will turn out. They will be successful in whatever vocation they choose. But the point I'd like to make is the parents didn't meddle in the boys baseball career. They didn't offer advice on their hitting or their fielding; they left that to the coaches. What they did was shape the boys character...and for that I say thank you. You did a wonderful job!

7. WCLion

WCLion Full Access Member

CONRGATS DAVID!

I remember first seeing DD as a t-ball player and being shocked. While everyone else was either trying to remember which base to run to next or selecting dandelions to pick in the outfield, David and his brother were turning double plays. Over the years I've gotten to know the whole Daniels' clan (Kevin, Amy, Jenna, Leighton and David), and am honored to call them my friends. I can't even find the words to describe what fine people each of them are.

And David is just a really special kid. He and my son have been the best of friends since they were 8 or 9 years old, so I've had the pleasure of seeing him away from the ball park. Yes, he's an unbelievable baseball player and will be a star at Davidson. More than that, however, David has an outstanding character (he's a leader, a great teammate, smart, grounded, humble, and honest). You may have seen the posts on TBR about the kids from East Mecklenburg being a such a great group of kids. Well, DD is one of the chief reasons for that. He is and has always been the rock that his teammates rely on, both on and off the field. There's a reason for that, DD always comes through in the clutch. You want a role model for your young son, look no further than David Daniels. I can also promise you this, I"m gonna be heading up the road to watch him play for the Wildcats. He's gonna knock it out of the park for Davidson.

8. PlayLaughLive

PlayLaughLive Play the Game

Way to go David !!

Congrats to his great parents - Amy and Kevin - as well !

When does Davidson (with David) play Winthrop (with the "silent assassin" Leighton)?

Who will Amy and Kevin cheer for?