1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

****Dealing with Pressure

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by Braves, Apr 14, 2003.

1. One Putt

One Putt Full Access Member

Amen brother. Well said. Thanks for sharing.

2. Stretchlon

Stretchlon Stars

Let us grow

another great thing about TBR....we can all grow if we take the advice of others that have been there

3. BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine Member

A much needed and timely post

Thanks for reposting that message Braves. It is very inspirational. I for one, needed that reminder. A few years ago we had a scare that made me thankful my son could even play baseball. Since then I have always reminded myself that there are so many more important things in life (I know, to some there is nothing else :22_yikes:) and not let myself or my son get caught up in the stress and drama--and the baseball life does resemble a soap opera sometimes. However, with the pressure his high school coach has been applying lately, I have allowed myself to forget that philosophy.
    Thanks for the reality check.
    Thanks to Mom for sharing such a great story. :hurray: You obviously did a great job raising your son.

4. sportsmom

sportsmom Full Access Member

Since I am new to this site and didn't see the original post, I am so thankful that you bought it back to our attention.
    What an awesome story and an awesome reminder!

We have tried to teach our son that being a great man is so much more important than being a great baseball player. Sounds like this young man is both and his parents taught him well. As of now, our son is on the right track in both ways, but if one has to give...I hope it's baseball! I see lots of great athletes, but great men involved in athletics unfortunately are becoming rarer by the day. As parents, if we can keep things in perspective, maybe it will make it easier for our young men to do the same.

Thanks to mom for sharing it!

5. catamount36

catamount36 Full Access Member

great story,
    something that ALL of us should think about. coaches, parents and players. this is a game that is suppose to be FUN. i think we all forget that sometimes.:idea3::beatnik2:

6. NC Baseball Fan

NC Baseball Fan Full Access Member

awesome story. I love to see young people grow in the knowledge of our Lord.

7. A2662G

A2662G Junior Member

Now that I have dried my eyes and blown my nose--I feel I can respond. My son, a HS senior, spent his summer "showing off his skills" for the colleges/scouts.
    Unfortunately, his skills seemed nonexistent. Midway through the summer, he had a renewal of his faith and then his faith was tested and not just on the baseball field. Our family experienced two deaths and he seemed to carry a heavy heart.
    We, as a family, continued to put our faith in what is eternal.
    My son continues to work every day on his hitting...a ball player once said something like this: Work hard every day and be prepared and when the time is right--you will be ready.
    Only the Lord knows the path that is ahead for our son and we all hope it is baseball, but if it is not, I will be forever grateful for the man he is becoming and the way he has handled his disappointments and especially, for who he has turned to for guidance.

8. dpa3401

dpa3401 Full Access Member

What a great story. This is why I visit TBR. Life's experiences are so important, the rest really is only a game.

9. yankees

yankees Full Access Member

Braves Thanks

A great post. Amen