1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Dear Coach

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by Warrior_BBall, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Warrior_BBall

Warrior_BBall Baseball_Enthusiast

February, 2008

Dear Coach ,

I am very interested in continuing my baseball career in college. Having the opportunity to continue my career through a program, becoming an all around better ball player, would be a great opportunity. I bat and throw right-handed and currently play centerfield and leadoff bat for the Cary High School Varsity team.

Last year I played baseball for Cary High Varsity and Sr. Legion Post 67 teams, where I excelled in centerfield. It was a great experience to play with mostly college players on the Sr. Legion team. I finished the season with a .314 on base percentage and, out of 212 innings, a defensive average of .92. On both teams, I started centerfield and batted first or last. I am looking forward to fantastic High School and Legion seasons this year.

In 2005 and 2006, I played on the Cary Bulls Junior Legion Post 67 team. The first year, I played 178 innings with a 1.0 fielding percentage, making no errors for the season. I received the “Hustle” award that season. In 2006, the Cary Bulls won the State title. I played 268 innings with a .945 fielding percentage, almost exclusively in centerfield, and had a .343 batting average, scoring 55 runs. Coaches labeled me as the best centerfielder in the county. I received the “Hustle” and “Defense” awards for the season.

Over the years, coaches have described me as a well-trained base runner with good speed, athletic with a strong arm, mechanically solid, makes good contact at the plate, has a good knowledge of the strike zone, and is an enthusiastic team player that practices hard, plays hard, has good work ethics, and mentors other players.

As a well-rounded athlete and student, I played several sports, including baseball, wrestling, and soccer while maintaining a 4.1 GPA and a SAT score of 1580. I have been taking mostly AP and Honors courses, while on a fast track Math and College curriculum. In doing so, I have developed good work ethics and leadership skills. I am also a member of the Young Life Christian and Fellow Christian Athletes groups.

I would appreciate the opportunity to be a part of your baseball team. I have really worked hard over the past year and continue to improve in all areas. I would also like to invite you and your staff to visit our games this spring (http://www.freewebs.com/caryhighbase...eschedules.htm ).

Thanks so much for your consideration. With good work ethics and the right chance, I am confident that I can fulfill my goal of playing college baseball. References will be provided at your request.

Best Regards,

[email protected]