1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Detailed Game Reports (Week #9)

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by NCBBallFan, Apr 23, 2003.

1. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

Hint, Hint :xyzthumbs

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Hey NC...withdrawal pains, Huh!!

Okay....I was happening to drive down Nations Ford Rd and I happened to look over at the Waddelll school and saw a game being played so I checked it out...it was South Meck vs Waddell

A beautiful day turned sour immediately, as I ventured into Raiders Ark......the concession's was closed. I couldn't believe it!! I asked Coach Bagwell and Coach McMurray if they could delay or cancel the game until the concession stand was opened...how can you watch a baseball game without eating a Hot Dog?

After delaying the game, I nodded to the coaches to go ahead and Brad Rhine threw his first pitch.

South Meck 12 Waddell 1

WP: TJ Worrell
    LP: Brad "Peanut" Rhine

I would like to add that Chip Pope threw like an All- Stater...
    It's a mystery to me why the kid doesn't pitch more...but after yesterday, I think Coach Bagwell will probably do that

3. Dave Matthews

Dave Matthews Junior Member

South Point 4 - East Gaston 2

4. rcbbfan

rcbbfan Full Access Member

For NC

West Rowan 6 Lake Norman 1

It took winning pitcher Patrick Adams 15 days to finish this one, but he did it convincingly, giving up 1 ER on 2 H while striking out 18. Losing pitcher, Matt Marshall, pitched well but suffered from lack of offensive support.
    West got on the board in the 2nd when Adams doubled, moved to 3rd on a short single by Garrett Hatley, and scored on an error. In the 3rd Seth Waller and Ryan Wilson drew walks and scored on a single by Adams. In the 5th Luke Overcash led off with a triple and scored on a 6-3 ground out by Waller. Adams walked, courtesy runner Winston Horton, stole 2nd and 3rd, and scored on a single by DH, Darren Jones. West tacked 1 on in the 6th on back to back doubles by Paul Link and Bryan Graham.
    Lake Norman's score came in the 3rd when 2B Joseph Seaford walked and scored on an RBI double by SS Nick Barry.

West....0 1 2..0 2 1
    LN......0 0 1..0 0 0..0

....................IP....R....H....SO....BB
    Adams(W)............7.....1....2....18....3

Brent Frye..........2.....1....3....3.....0
    Matt Marshall(L)....3.....4....3....2.....4
    Abe McLain..........1.....1....2....1.....2

E - LN, LOB - West 9, LN 4, 2B - B. Graham 2, Adams, Link, Barry, 3B - Overcash, SB - Waller 2, Horton 2, Wade Moore, CS - Seaford

WP - Adams, McLain, HBP - by Adams (Barry), PB - Wilson

Last edited: Apr 23, 2003