1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Detailed Game Reports

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, Feb 26, 2003.

1. al_bundy

al_bundy Full Access Member

Kannapolis 2 N. Iredell 0

Brett Bartles pitched 5+ shutout innings and Garrett Sherrill and Ryan Petty completed the shutout. Bartles pitched out of a bases-loaded jam in the second inning and pretty much cruised from there on before giving way to Sherrill with 2 outs and 2 on in the 6th. Ryan Petty drove in a run in the first with a doube to the wall in left. Drew Maher came up with a clutch 2-out RBI single in the 4th or 5th for the final tally. The pitcher from N. I (last name was Taylor) kept Knapp hitters off balance with a decent curveball a sneaky-fast fastball. Someone told me that N.I. starts 4 or 5 sophs, they could be a team to watch down the road. Daniel Smith DHed last night, but obviously wasn't running even close to 100%, and didn't push it on a groundout. Knapp plays South Point tonight 4/2 at 630 at home.

2. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

Hopefully he wont play today since it's a non conference game.

3. Wufman

Wufman Full Access Member

Kannapolis-5 over South Point-4

This game was tied 4-4 with the Wonders coming to bat in the bottom of the 7th. Jeremiah Worthington led off the inning with a double down the leftfield line and Andrew Mead singled Worthington home for the win. Drew Mahre pitched well for 5+ innings to lead the Wonders while Garrett Sherrill pitched well in relief over the final 2 innings for Ktown. Brett Bartles added a solo homer for the Wonders. Sorry I didn't get any names from the South Point players, but their pitcher (a lefty) pitched the complete game and pitched well.

4. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

We also seen the team concept of winning at all costs even if it means playing with injured players. All for a non conference win.
    unbelievable !!!!

5. Wufman

??????

....... nevermind.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2003
  6. neckball

neckball Full Access Member

I was told that the score for the Olympic-Garinger game that was in the Observer Wednesday was not accurate. Coach Rhodes called in a lower score to try not to embarrass his opponent any more than was necessary. Pretty classy guy, IMO.

7. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

We had a LONG discussion on the board at the beginning of the season regarding the Garinger scores. It was decided to post the results in the summary thread as "over Garinger" instead of actually putting the score in. Most teams have willingly obliged us, only posting "reasonable" scores (with 1 or 2 exceptions).

And I agree with your assessment of Coach Rhodes behavior in this matter ..... first class!!

8. Wufman

Class.....

Thanks guys for sharing these comments about this Charlotte coach, a little "class" is nice to see from time to time...

9. phantom89

phantom89 Full Access Member

neckball, Coach Les Deming at Myers Park made the same choice in regard to the Garinger-MP score.It certainly does set a fine example for our players!

10. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

There are quite a few "classy guys" coaching in the SW4A.