1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Detailed Game Reports

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, Feb 26, 2003.

1. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

That's good enough for me gonzo ....

Pitching is more about composure, poise and concentration....

You may need the great form and fantastic speed to reach the next level as a pitcher, but you can be an excellent HS pitcher with the 3 above attributes if you are throwing strikes....

2. allrightnow

allrightnow Free

That catcher is Chris Powell, not Chad. The Newsless Herald got that one wrong.

3. allrightnow

allrightnow Free

That catcher is Chris Powell, not Chad.

4. NCBBallFan

Dodgerblue

Why Hopewell lifted Josh Bush (probably). This was Hopewell's first game. They had also been limited to 1 brief scrimmage. I believe the game plan was to get all pitchers a little work. Before the rains came, it was probably a 3 inning/3 inning/2 inning schedule. Once they arrived, I believe both teams agreed to make it a 5 inning game.

The other pitchers still needed the work, thus the quick "hook" on someone who was throwing effectively.

Bush throws strikes and gets people out....usually. Like any HS pitcher, he has his off games. When he is hitting his spots, he can be VERY effective. Being able to work ahead of the hitters in that horrible slop ... he was to be commended for his approach, concentration and game preparation.

I really like both teams. Both MP & Hopewell will be dangerous to play this year. Hopewell puts the ball in play, has some power in their line up and has a very good bench. They started 7 seniors & 2 juniors. Their bench is one of the trump cards they will be able to play this year. They can present you will some very difficult match-ups.

Myers Park looks to be a little more spread out, grade-wise between seniors, juniors and others. Myers Park has the better pitching staff, but once you get beyond 2 games a week, it's a challenge for everyone.

I would have liked to see all of the game .... I would also like to have not gotten a cold from attending it..... o well.

5. hitman

hitman Full Access Member

Story of the game, Hickory leaves 12 runners stranded.

6. NCBBallFan

Thanks for the correction allrightnow......

Thanks for the correction allrightnow....

7. allrightnow

allrightnow Free

Sorry about the double post. Didn't mean for that to happen and will try to delete one.

8. NCBBallFan

allrightnow

Leave it in.....In my weakened state after standing in the rain on Saturday, it gave me an easy joke where I didn't have to think....

:D :D :D

9. Chisox17

Chisox17 Resident Niners Fanatic

sorry guys, ive been spending too much time in the college hoops forums, it gets crazy in there. i apologize, i wasnt trying to start a shouting match

10. NCBBallFan

Not a problem Chisox - we have a lot of young middle schoolers that visit our forum already... We are shooting for a PG-13 rating.

Thanks for the apology - it shows a great open-ness to what we are trying to do .... you're welcome over here anytime.