1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Detailed Game Reports

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Htownballa20

Htownballa20 Junior Member

It is no surprise to me on the start of the NM Vikings. Coach King has and will continue to accomplish many things for North's program. He will have his hands full this year with the youth, but they have great talent and if he can keep them playing as a team they should do fine. It is Hopewell's turn this year to have the pressure North had last year, and it would come at no surprised if North wins one of the regular season games. My Advice to the North players is play very relaxed, but play hard.

2. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

East Henderson defeats Tuscola 7-5

Winning pitcher for EH was Vance Meno, went 7 giving up 4 earned runs and 9 hits, 2 k's, 5BB. The losing pitcher for Tuscola was Eric McConnell. This was opening MAC conference game for both teams. For EH, Clay Byrd and Chris Romeo had 3 hits each and Zach Cooper had 2.
    With the score tied 3-3 going into the topp of the 7th, EH lit up McConnell for 4 runs. East Henderson is a quality senior laden team. Has the potential to beat anyone on any given day.

3. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

Outstanding victory for the East Henderson Squad!!!!!

Tuscola is a powerhouse. It speaks volumes for the talent up in Henderson County. Der's Gold in Dem Der Hills!!

4. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

NCbaseball Fan

As 12 yr olds Henderson County sent a team to the Babe Ruth World Series and they finished 4th. This group is now seniors. 5 of the 12 are at East Henderson and 5 are at West Henderson. The other 2 are at Hendersonville. It has been a pleasure watching all these kids develop over the years.

5. NCBBallFan

NCBBallFan Retired ex-moderator

With TC avenging an early season loss by knocking off previously unbeaten AC Reynolds, Tuscola, Preseason #1 in the state in 3A and the strong play by the Henderson County teams, the mountains look absolutely stacked this year.

Since we don't get a chance to see them much and hear the names even less, a few player highlight pages now and then would sure be nice.

6. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Wow..I'm shocked. I thought Tuscola was loaded with D1 pitchers

anyway..great job EH :applause:

7. thsbb

thsbb Junior Member

:confused: Tuscola did loose and I congrad. East but Tuscola give up 6 unearned runs off 9 errors. Eryk Mcconnell was not the losing pitcher he give up no earn runs, John shannon took the loss but he only give up 2 hits. Tuscola lost early last year and then went on 17 game winning streak. These boys hate to loose after the loss they went to the batting cage and today are on the field taking grounders. This probaly woke them up so everyone should be very prepared when they walk on the field to face this talented bunch young men.

8. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Thanks for the response ths

I don't believe anyone thinks less of Tuscola..just surprised

I still have them ranked #1 in my poll

9. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

Sorry about giving McConnell the loss in my earlier post. I got that from the Hendersonville paper.

10. K-Town-Yankee

K-Town-Yankee Full Access Member

The young Wonders shut out Central Cabarrus 7-0 friday.Bartles gets the win for the Wonders.Awful lot of young talent on that Wonder squad.