1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Dirtbags! Dirtbags! Dirtbags!

Discussion in 'Showcase Baseball' started by wockawocka1x, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4Bags

4Bags Junior Member

Why debate?

Why would you guys try to debate alumni list when it really isnt possible. AP's alumni list is a who's-who when it comes to top tier players which he likes to frequently point out. What people never mention is how many are on the list that either never played with him (may have attended a camp)or signed while playing with other organizations before he recruited them.

Doesnt really matter but it would be interesting to know. I dont care who's alumni list is bigger. The bigger the better cause that means all those kids got to live their dream and play baseball in college. What else really matters?

If you want to talk alumni's, I would like to know how many kids have signed scholarships in the last 5 years between all the NC showcase teams. Now that would be impressive and in the end all that matters.

North Carolina has definitely become one of the premier states for talented baseball players.

2. Bonsway

Bonsway Full Access Member

Ooooo..I'd like to see that list too!

3. bazeball33

bazeball33 Junior Member

Just win 1 more and you will be tied with the canes. Try not to tie the next one though.

4. ccmiv

ccmiv Junior Member

Plenty of room for all of us

First I'd like to congratulate the Bags on an awesome accomplishment in Jupiter. You guys have it going on and the entire baseball community knows it! I am with the Canes up in VA and have great respect for your organization and all you guys have done for your players. As noted earlier, this region is loaded with talent and good teams. That is what it's all about. I look forward to the programs in our area continuing to have success in the future helping the players reach the next level.

5. chubbs

chubbs Full Access Member

North Carolina has definitely become one of the premier states for talented baseball players.[/quote]

A friend of mine told me he saw the other day that N.C. (population 7,000,000), California (population 35,000,000), and Florida (population 20,000,000) were considered the top 3 now. I would think you have to throw Texas (population 25,000,000) in that group as well.

6. infieldfly

infieldfly Full Access Member

SHOWCASE BASEBALL??

Bonsway, I see you want to have me banned but I don't know why. You asked what is "showcase?"
    All I know is that this thread is under the overall heading of "showcase baseball".
    I am new here and don't want to be banned but I truly do not know what my offense is. Can you help? Perhaps off line?
    thanx,

INFF

7. redbird5

redbird5 Full Access Member

First of all, I think a more accurate statement is to say "Co-Champions of Jupiter". If we are gonna use facts, let's use them across the board - not just when they fit your argument.

With that being said, there is a reason most of the other prominent showcase teams do not play Impact tourneys. You don't see SCP, On Deck, Heat, etc. in any of their tourneys. You gotta wonder why that is. Mpst of us know why...

As per usual, I agree with Coach May. It is about the kids and getting them to the next level, through coaching and hard work. Bragging rights are worthless. Usually, those who puff out their chest the most are the one who are the most insecure. I am confident the my kids are doing it the right way - they are talented and work hard. We try to give them the best coaching available.

Stretchy, count my 2012 Canes North team in any event like you mention. We will be there to play anyone, anywhere. We may win or lose, but my kids will play anyone.

pirate05, I will give AP or anyone else the contact info for all of my kids. I really don't care who contacts them. They know what I bring to the table. I just don't apreciate the false statements made to them. It's comical when the kid knows the statements are false.

8. Bonsway

Bonsway Full Access Member

Oh lawdy... LOL

No worries dude..no worries. LOL

p.s. The "Ban" remark was more about myself. :)

9. karlrocket

karlrocket Full Access Member

Stretchy started all of this.
    :whoopass:

10. throw 90

throw 90 Full Access Member

The Dirtbags are about getting kids to the next level not about winning every tournament they play. How many players lost the chance to play at Fort Myers or East Cobb Or Jupiter because of players from all over the country being brought in so the Canes could maybe win a tournament.When I looked at the roster going to Jupiter I saw players from every state on the East Coast.Showcase baseball is about getting players a chance to play at the next level.Its not about whats on the front of the shirt...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.