1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Dirty play

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by Sb Player, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loveforsoftball2

loveforsoftball2 Junior Member

I must make my final comment on this as it seems to be getting a bit out of hand. I am speaking specifically of the 14u game with which this train of emails began. I was at the tournament at the time which this happened and I have not and will not make any jabs at the player herself or the team in question as that is not my place. I was in the parking lot when the two officials for this particular game gave their statements. Both umpires stated that it was indeed very obvious that the player intentionally lowered her helmet and shoulder to take out the catcher. This was the conclussion made by the ump behind the plate at this particular game as well as the ump in the field. It was these statements which caused the girl to be kicked out. They are very qualified officials with no interest in either team. Catchers will get hurt, everyone knows that. Out of respect for the girl that got hurt, comments probably shouldn't be made by those individuals who where not present at the park that day. It is our job as adults to teach the girls not to play dirty as these girls at this age are playing in these tournaments b/c they love the game. I hope that all parents and coaches will make their best effort to teach the players to play within the rules.

2. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

you're right, its all pretty much been said, and if you look farther back on our forum, this has been discussed many times.

points made in the past are still consistent with todays softball: parents can kill a game simply because they have the power to do so. I'm not taking sides on this discussion, but i will say that it only takes one adult running their mouth to ruin an event......as coach Papa's said: dont be THAT parent...

so, with that being said, case closed.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.