1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Do nothing??

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by VASoftball, Feb 23, 2010.

1. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

it aint travel ball my friend. most parents believe their dd deserves to start just because she made the team, is a senior/junior, knows someone or works for the county.......and some will stop at nothing to make sure she does. so using the reference to "their lawyer" is getting pretty common and pretty lame imho.

2. clevelandlefty

clevelandlefty Full Access Member

question?

Why it is OK for a coach to do this to anyone? Do we not care if the best team is on the field ? I know that a lot of people don't as long as their kid is playing. My DD has seen this same type of bad behavior. Where is the AD?, he is helping the football coach get a new field. High school coaches are NOT held accountable. You know what? the coach can not stop you from fulfilling your dream of playing in college. My DD did it and yours can too.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  3. prklandsoftballdad

prklandsoftballdad Set my brother FREE!!

We had an issue here in Winston-Salem a couple of years ago, where a local FOOTBALL family sued their son's high school coach. He was the OBVIOUS second string, behind an all-conference college recruit, but his parents sued anyway on the grounds that because the coach did not START their son, it cost him a scholarship to college.
    Believe they sued for the cost of 4 years of college.....believe it was thrown out of court. Some people will try ANYTHING!!!

4. CrushersDad

CrushersDad Softball Student

Just because DADDY thinks his DD is better than the upcoming freshman doesn't make it so.

5. cheeze105

yes, this is true....but playing the devil's advocate on this, the relative of a coach should never be put in front of a better ball player. i guess its all in perception. i personally have been through this and we left for greener pastures. it worked out in our case, but it doesnt work for everyone, especially if your lenses are a bit fogged about your daughters skills.

6. VASoftball

VASoftball Junior Member

An update to the situation - - yesterday the coach named his freshman niece captain of the team. At our HS, this has ALWAYS gone to a senior. Right or wrong, it is a tradition that has never changed until now. At this point, I feel bad for the freshman. Her uncle is putting her in a very difficult spot. Adults can be such knuckleheads!!

7. slowhand

slowhand Junior Member

WOW! Were all the player-coach positions filled?

8. stiksdad

stiksdad Full Access Member

Wow, not knowing the ability of either player makes it hard to judge from a position/playing time conflict. However a freshman as captain in HS is hard to believe. My DD was a CO Captain her junior and is Captain this year her senior year. I feel for your DD, but this will pass, and she will be fine, if she continues to work hard and take her game to whatever level she has the ability too. That being said I would have a real difficult time with that coach.:darwin-fish:

9. cheeze105

eight years of being a hs coach and to me, this is unheard of. you pegged it right, i hope the "team captain" has a backbone and can stand the abuse, cause its a coming......poor kid. this guy doesnt realize what he just did to his niece.

10. bothsportsdad

bothsportsdad Full Access Member

as I say let them go where they want! Freedom is a big buzz word today... let it be the operative word for kids and their dreams too!